2017 NFL Football Season

PittGradPSUMad

Re: 2017 NFL Football Season

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:53 pm

Shore Lion wrote:I guess I'm weird. I actually thought the Dirty Dancing commercial was one of the funnier ones.

No, not weird....it was hilarious. BDub....you betta check yo-self.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:55 pm

Maybe I'm a little sensitive that the Giants had time to make a Super Bowl commercial because their season was basically done prior to Halloween.
Hire Alex Cora

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:11 pm

And howsabout that rip-roaring halftime show......if only I would have thought ahead to set the DVR. I lost ten more IQ points and contemplated shoving chopsticks in my eardrums after watching a few minutes of that mishegoss. If ever there was a hyperbolic word abused more often than "superstar", I don't know what it would be.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:18 pm

The sad part about the halftime show is that Justin Timberlake is a very talented guy. But the show did nothing to show that off.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:58 pm

I'm not a fan of his music. I recognize that he's talented, but I don't care for the genre so there was no way I was going to enjoy it. I feel the same way about Taylor Swift. I think she's very talented. She writes her own stuff, she sings, she plays the instruments, etc. She's an actual artist who creates her own art. But, I have no interest in her music. Not my thing. I don't dismiss it, but it's not me.

I saw Pink is getting some grief over her performance last night. Poor woman had the flu and she went out and did her best. Give her a break. And, I think she's immensely talented. Some of her music I actually do like. But, she had the flu and went out and still did, I thought, a decent job. I don't know what people expect. Everyone is a critic, especially people with zero talent.
Hire Alex Cora

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:58 pm

I agree. The guy is multi-talented, but that machine-like, droning style of forgettable hip-hop noise is unbearable and does nothing to showcase any of Timberlake's talents.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:01 pm

Further to the point, I believe Prince was a gigantic musical talent and one of the best guitarists....ever. But you couldn't get me to buy one of album's at gunpoint.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:02 pm

I enjoyed the Bruno Mars performance last year. I don't know his music much but I thought he did a great job. I'm always willing to listen to something new.
Hire Alex Cora

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Blue&White wrote:Also, I have to respond to this comment: The ball moved a tad but that is because we have HD TVs covering everything.

But ... but ... replay is the greatest thing ever, right? it's a multi-billion dollar industry and we have to make sure every single call is 100% right, don't we? Never mind that with all these HD views on every angle it still feels like half the calls are just down to a coin flip and they are making it up. That's true in both football and baseball in my opinion. I think easily 1/3 of the time I see a replay review I am flummoxed by the final decision by the review people. And, the announcers usually are as well.

As for the fans and what has gone on in Philly, I'm not surprised at all. There are hooligans all over the place who just need to find a reason to commit mayhem. It takes a few morons to make everyone look bad, and they sure made Philly look bad over night. Shame.

I love replay and want to keep it! Love replay!! BTW, replay in football is completely different than in baseball. Seeing if a runner is safe in baseball is completely different than deciding if a player is out.

BTW, I like me some JT but that halftime show was brutal!

And some asshats at a Mass college decided to do some damage too. It was not just philly:) Bet you Dad started that riot!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:31 pm

Bet you Dad started that riot!

I thought it was a given that Dad Jr. started the riot in Philly. Didn't we all just assume that?
Hire Alex Cora