2017 NFL Football Season

PittGradPSUMad

Re: 2017 NFL Football Season

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:57 pm

I would really like to know exactly where dad, himself, was last night after the big game. Is it possible that dad and some of his comrades trekked to center city to instigate mayhem in the city of brotherly love? In fact, I'm writing a memo about some of his shenanigans that were revealed in the dossier. Once approved by the orange menace, dad can expect a late night knock on his door.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:09 pm

PittGradPSUMad wrote:Congrats to grower and crowbar. A very entertaining game. Grower made 47 predictions the past two weeks so I'm guessing one of them was 41-33. Will Center City survive the night?

Thank you.

It is starting to sink in that we can now officially put "Philadelphia Eagles" and "Super Bowl Champions" in the same sentence.

With that said, the NFC East is now the only division in the NFL where all the teams have won the Super Bowl. :mrgreen:
41-33.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:13 pm

PSUgrower wrote:The greatest game in Superbowl history!!!! What a freakin game!!! So much fin to watch. Enjoy Crow!!!

You know it, Bro!!! That was epic.

St. Nick will never have to buy another meal in the Delaware Valley.

I feel an illness coming on and it is going to hit on Thursday. I think I am going to have to take a sick day from work. :mrgreen:
41-33.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Crowbar wrote:
PSUgrower wrote:The greatest game in Superbowl history!!!! What a freakin game!!! So much fin to watch. Enjoy Crow!!!

You know it, Bro!!! That was epic.

St. Nick will never have to buy another meal in the Delaware Valley.

I feel an illness coming on and it is going to hit on Thursday. I think I am going to have to take a sick day from work. :mrgreen:

I was debating it until I saw the Amtrak is completely books Thursday. I hope you make it in and have a great time!! It is crazy to think that the MVP of the Superbowl will be benched at some point next football season

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Probably so, and what would you do if it were decision....Wentz or Foles? Jeff Hostetler backed up Phil Simms until a late season injury placed the Giants in a similar situation. Hostetler performed admirably and the Giants won a superbowl thanks in large part to Hostetler's level of play (and Norwood's mssed fg). Hostetler won the starting job over Simms the following season. It wil be fun to watch what happens.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:14 pm

Josh McDaniels has turned down the head coaching position with the Colts to stay as an assistant with the Patriots.

Seems like an odd choice. It's not like he was going to the Browns. The Colts are an organization that actually tries to win. If Luck comes back healthy, he's a QB you can win with. I don't get it, but it's not my career.
Is it baseball season yet?

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:56 pm

I am lost. They said he was going to be the next coach of Indianapolis! He burned them and probably burned a bunch of bridges with this decision. This is a stunner! He is a guy who is full of himself and the talking heads thought this was a shitty decision by Indianapolis. It would not surprise if he made his choice to not be the coach because he heard people bashing him.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:21 am

Or maybe someone told him the Charlie Weis story
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:37 am

The Patriots have done a lot of unchacteristic, strange things over the past week. Belichick benches Malcolm Butler right before kickoff in the SB. I guess Bill will provide an explanation as soon as Brady finally congratulates St. Nick...

The Lions must be nervous about Matt Patricia after seeing how poorly the Pats defense played in the SB. Gronk is considering retirement in order to pursue an acting career. Considering the number of major injuries he has had, I don't blame him. Now McDaniels does this.

Though TB is still the best, Father Time is no longer on his side whether he wants to believe it or not.

You have to think the magic carpet ride is going to end is going to end within the next few years or so.
41-33.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:59 am

I'd say Brady has 2-3 years and my guess is when he goes Bellichik goes and that's what convinced McD to stay.

I agree father time gets us all but Brady's play (other than his WR skills) hasn't shown signs of decline - he was MVP and he put up over 500 yards passing on a damn good defense while under pressure and while missing his best two WRs (Edelman, Cooks for most game).

As long as Pats can keep OL solid and if they can patch up the defense they will be able to contend next 2-3 years. Let's be honest - in that division they almost have a bye into playoffs - 4 divisional wins is a given, 5 probable and 6 possible. If they go 7-3 against rest of league they get first round bye and at least one home playoff game (I'd say bye and home field sure worked for Eagles).
I do think the Pats have to do some "not the Patriot way" things and take more risks in FA to maximize their chances in this 3 year window. Once B&B go their will definitely be a transitional period.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall