2017 NFL Football Season

PittGradPSUMad

Re: 2017 NFL Football Season

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:34 am

Makes sense to me.....Jones too his cue from the panderer-in-chief, wetted his finger, stuck it in the air and said "this is which way the breeze is blowing....my hardcore fans will love this."
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:27 am

Makes sense.

When you're worth $5B, you don't have to make sense. You can be bat-shit crazy (BSC) and get away with it. I don't recommend BSC unless you're rich, however. Unless you like the idea of living in a cardboard box.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:52 pm

On the bright side B&W - if you assume the Giants aren't going to draft Eli's successor next year they are getting in nice position for the Barkley sweepstakes.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:28 pm

That's kind of my take at this point, although, to be honest, the Giants offensive line is so bad, especially at both tackle positions, that they make Penn State's oline c. 2014 look like superstars.

I'm with BW on this one, though. I just don't know where Mara/Tisch start to fix this mess. Unfortunately, firing a coach midseason doesn't typically offer the same bump as you see a lot of the time in baseball. I figure the only way McAdoo gets fired is if the team completely abandons him. And I wouldn't be averse to that - he's not a good Head Coach (nor is he a particularly gifted offensive coordinator, but that's an argument for another time).

We'll have some real issues with the salary cap coming up, as well...and now we have absolutely no playmakers at wide out. Crazy Sunday - never saw anything like that before.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:57 pm

Blue&White wrote: I really don't care and hope the Jints organization implodes!

Sometimes dreams come true.

I have no idea how they are going to handle this. The Mara's do not make quick or rash decisions. They always look long term. They are very much like the Rooney's in Pittsburgh. But, at this point I think it's tough to argue they don't have a problem at the top with GM Jerry Rees. He has done a horrible job fixing their problems at the line and left them with few offensive tools. And, it's not the first year either. He has to go. And, there is little chance that you fire the GM and keep the head coach so my guess is McAdoo is in trouble too. It's going to be back to the drawing board after this and probably looking for the next franchise QB.

Did you just compare the Giants organization to then Rooney's in the Burgh? Art just rolled over in his grave :twisted:

Side note, I absolutely love listening to the Dan LeBatard show. The show absolutely hammers McAdoo in their segment about who people look like. Here are the ones about Ben MaCadoo:
Ben McAdoo looks like the guy that married the hottest girl from high school 20 years too late and is taking care of her 6 kids while she's at the bar with her ex. The ex is Doug Pederson.

Ben McAdoo looks like the dad that says his unathletic son didn't make the freshman baseball team due to "politics"

Ben McAdoo looks like two kids in a trench coat with a fake mustache pretending to be an adult

Ben McAdoo looks like every dad from America's Funniest Home Videos who's ever been hit in the testicles with a whiffle ball bat.

Ben McAdoo looks like the dad who aggressively posts the energy bill on the fridge when it gets too high.

Ben McAdoo looks like a father who embarrasses his family by annunciating the "j" in 'chicken fajita' when ordering at Taco Bell.

Ben Mcadoo looks like the guy who makes eye contact with you through the crack of the bathroom stall.

Ben McAdoo looks like a man who has been lost in Lowe's for 2 hours.

Ben McAdoo looks like the manager of a struggling hot tub outlet store.

I could do this all day. BTW, this is one of my favorite. It is about Randy Johnson and spot on: Randy Johnson looks like a guy who acquired a pool table by saving all of his Marlboro Miles since he was 14.

If you like these as much I as I do here is the link to a ton more: https://twitter.com/whathelookslike?lang=en

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:52 am

I didn't mean to compare the Mara's to the Rooney's. I meant to compare the Rooney's to the Mara's as the Mara's are the standard by which all other NFL owners are measured. The Rooney's measure up reasonable well, and I have a lot of respect for the Steelers organization, but they are not the Mara's.

As for McAdoo, no one on Philly radio is going to hammer him more than what people in NYC are probably doing. I'm in Chicago this week so haven't been able to listen in, but even if he somehow hasn't lost the team he has absolutely lost the fans. 0 - 5 with a team that was expected to walk through that division isn't going to cut it.

I blame GM Jerry Rees more than I blame McAdoo but I will be happy to see both of them gone at the end of the season, if not sooner.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:45 am

Since Art Sr. passed the reigns over to the silly sons the Steelers have devolved into something I don't recognize. Art Sr. was the kindest owner in any sport and he owned the most rag tag bunch of losers in history for many years until Chuck Noll who was one of the if not the best hire in NFL history to take what the Steelers were and turn them into what they became in the 70's.

The son's are PC to the max and are allowing the tail to wag the dog so to say, imo. I see the organization slowly sinking under their leadership.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 am

T.O. ready to suit up for the Giants.

I'm not sure which is funnier: that TO thinks an NFL team would still give him a shot at age 43 to play for them, or that Francesca was willing to give him airtime to talk about this.

Btw, another name that has surfaced for the Giants is Chad Johnson. He's 39 and who knows what kind of shape he is in. I think he's a little more realistic than Owens but you've got two guys who are known head-cases and well past their prime. If I'm the Giants, I think my reaction is "no thanks". They can lose games on their own without help from those two numskulls.

Penn State better keep on winning because otherwise it's going to be a long, slow slog for me until Opening Day. Maybe I'll start watching hockey.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:38 am

The Patriots acquired Johnson near the end of his career and he was already "well past his prime" then. He gave them next to nothing and they let him go after one year. I'm sure he's in terrific shape as 39-YO men go, but It's not remotely conceivable that he's in NFL shape.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:48 pm

HUge win for the Eagles. This will officially put Wentz on the gravy train for a long time! BTW, a chunk of their wins have been away.