2017 NFL Football Season

Jerry Garcia

Re: 2017 NFL Football Season

Postby Jerry Garcia » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:38 pm

psu_dad wrote:I love the fan noise inserted after each play. Very realistic. :lol:

Better than the ersatz fan noise is the NFL rule at the time that a tackler had to keep the ballcarrier down for a brief time or he could get up and keep running for more yardage. No cheap ankle tackles. Them wuz the dayz.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:37 pm

I hate the Giant and I hope there team implodes! With that being said, Eli being replaced by Gino is an absolute joke. Gino is not a starting QB in the NFL. I completely get it if Webb was starting but I don't think his hands will be touching the center's cha chas this Sunday. I am a purest and think Eli should finish the year unless Webb has the possibility of being the future. Ow well, this will be ne more way that McSdoo ends up screwing things up

These are gems!
McAdoo: Looks like the mall cop at your local mall who chases speeders on his personal tricked out golf cart he was asked to leave at home

Ben McAdoo looks like the dad who joins his son's karate class after watching their first practice and getting inspired

Looks like the regional manager of a baloney distributor

Ben McAdoo looks like the type of dude to open a beeper store in 2008 and own more than 3 leather jackets

Ben McAdoo looks like the dad that says his unathletic son didn't make the freshman baseball team due to "politics"

Ben McAdoo looks like he saved for years to buy a used Mazda Miata.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:19 am

McAdoo could never have done this without agreement from owner John Mara. The whole of the Giants organization had to agree to this stupidity.

If they had benched Eli and put Webb in to see what he has, I think most fans could accept that. But Gino Smith? That's a massive insult to Eli. And to your paying fans. I think it's also the end of Eli with the Giants. That may be ok. Maybe it's time. But being benched for Gino Smith after winning 2 championships for the Giants is pathetic.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:38 am

Very odd, from both a PR perspective and a football perspective. You don't need to "take a look" at Geno Smith. You know what he is. He's Geno Smith. And I agree that this smells of a management decision for which McAdoo is taking all the bullets.

Oh well, at least Francesa took it well. :D

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:15 am

This was an instance where I agree with Francesca (I was listening to him take calls and heard about 10 minutes before my wife called me about my son, but I got the gist). Benching Eli like this after all he has brought to the franchise was a huge slap in the face. If they did it to play a rookie who they needed to evaluate, I think that most fans would grumble but would understand. No one understands benching him for Geno Smith.

I wasn't watching a whole lot to begin with, but I'm officially done with the Giants for a while. I'll check back in next August and see who is on the field, but I'm tuned out for the rest of the year.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 am

Benching of Eli Manning Ends an Era for the Giants in the Ugliest Way Possible

Manning was unceremoniously benched Tuesday afternoon after 14 seasons and 210 consecutive starts. The two-time Super Bowl MVP will be replaced by former tabloid back-page chew toy Geno Smith, a quarterback so inept that he deserved about half of the criticism he received during his Jets tenure.

The Giants have a more likely quarterback of the future on the roster in rookie Davis Webb, but Ben McAdoo, a lame duck whose New Year's Day plans involve updating his LinkedIn page, is now the coaching equivalent of a movie character climbing into the cockpit of a crashing spaceship and randomly mashing buttons.

:lol:

That short write-up almost makes the whole season worth it.

Btw, one thing this article correctly points out is how McAdoo took the time to blame Eli for a loss. Eli has been given every opportunity to throw stones at McAdoo and has never taken the bait once. Shows a marked difference between the two men and who they really are. Eli is past his prime and I think the Giants need to move on, but he's always been a class act. He's always shouldered the blame and never taken the credit. I'll be sad to see him move on. He was a very good QB but was never a great one. But, he was consistent and a great leader for the team. You can't really ask for more than what he gave from your QB. Sure, some teams get lucky and get someone like his brother or Brady - both of which are better QBs - but most teams would kill for a guy who brought what Eli brought to the giants for 14 years.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:18 am

Sure, some teams get lucky and get someone like his brother or Brady

The Patriots got lucky. The Colts didn't. They got Eli's brother by tanking.

Mrs psu_dad: When are you going to let that go?
Me: When I go down for the Dirt Nap.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:29 am

They got the draft slot by tanking. They were lucky to get a QB who was one of the best in history. San Diego could have taken him and they could have gotten Ryan Leaf. Or, Manning could have sucked like so many top drafted QBs have before and since he was taken. There was no guarantee he would be as good as advertised. The odds are actually against it. Most QBs wash out.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:36 am

That snippet BDub posted and growers "McAdoo looks like" are hilarious. Keep them coming grower.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:32 pm

"Who's Geno Smith" One of the Smith Bros'?