2017 NFL Football Season

Blue&White

Re: 2017 NFL Football Season

Postby Blue&White » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:35 pm

He talks about sports from 1 to 6:30 5 days a week. And, he needs to get a significant number of people to listen to him. Getting people to tune in to listen to him go on and on and on about what really amounts to absolutely nothing for as long as he's done it (~30 years now) is a real gift. He may be an idiot, but he's also a genius.

So, while he may believe some of his own BS, I think a lot of it is a shtick. I also think he probably can't tell the difference anymore. His head is so big I can't believe it fits into the studio. He actually seems to think he matters. I used to enjoy listening to him back when he was paired with Chris "Mad Dog" Russo. Russo was a total clown and kept Mike's head from bloating. But, since Russo left for a mega contract with SXM (which, from what I understand, they seriously regret giving him), Francesca has had no one to keep him in check. He's gotten more obnoxious, more opinionated and turned into more of a douchebag. I rarely listen to him anymore because I don't have the patience. I know a lot of people are upset that he's leaving WFAN in December but I am absolutely not one of them.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:53 pm

I read somewhere that Russo's original deal with SXM was 5 years at 3M per. I nearly soiled my pants.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:22 pm

I used to know some people who worked at Sirius and one of them told me they hired Russo because he was a big name in New York and they figured he would have mass appeal because everyone wants to hear from a NYC sports guy.

:roll:

I can't believe that guy still has a job. It doesn't help that Russo has one of the worst radio voices of all time, even worse than Francesca himself. His show on SXM is not doing well and his "channel" has mostly been taken over by other hosts. But, he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Maybe if Craig Carton could have gotten that deal he wouldn't be looking at jail time in federal prison about now.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:48 pm

So with all the excitement of PSU football, I've almost forgotten that we're three weeks into pro football season. NFL is in midseason form - millionaires kneeling in protest, running backs beating their girlfriends, getting suspended & suing, having the ban postponed during the appeal process and, oh yeah, one idiot kneeling like a dog peeing for his TD celebration (although, in fairness, it was the Eagles).

All that to say, I hope the Giants go 0-16 and they fire Reese and the 'Stache...at least they'll have a shot to draft Saquon. The franchise hasn't been this poorly run since Andy Robustelli was the GM.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:34 am

pennstate92 wrote:
All that to say, I hope the Giants go 0-16

Me too! :mrgreen:

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:23 pm

You may get your wish. They are 0 - 4 now.

Jerry Rees has to go.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:12 am

Crowbar wrote:
pennstate92 wrote:
All that to say, I hope the Giants go 0-16

Me too! :mrgreen:

I figured you get a kick out of that. I've never rooted against the Giants before, but goodness, they are putrid. I kind of hope Eli's able to escape unscathed, and goes somewhere he has a chance to win another SB.

As for Jerry Reese, the guy got his chops being a scout. Don't understand how he's made so many bad picks. 1 playoff in the last 6 years. 0 PO wins. Worst record in the NFC East in that timeframe.

Pretty pathetic. And he should go, even if the Giants miraculously manage to win 8 games this year.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:15 am

Somewhere over the rainbow Tom Coughlin is rolling on the floor giggling. Truthfully I didn't expect them to start 0-4.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:25 pm

Crowbar wrote:Somewhere over the rainbow Tom Coughlin is rolling on the floor giggling. Truthfully I didn't expect them to start 0-4.

Honestly, thought Coughlin had passed his shelf life - most coaches lose their team at some point or another. But he sure looks a lot better today than he did when Reese booted him. Gotta believe he hopes to get to face the Giants in a meaningful game at some point in the not too distant future - I'd be hard pressed to root against him.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:44 pm

Giants 0 - 5 and Beckham may be done for the year. Never been so thankful to have a good PSU team.