2017 NFL Football Season

Shore Lion

Re: 2017 NFL Football Season

Postby Shore Lion » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Well with a broken leg at least we won't be subjected to him peeing like a dog again.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Giants lost 4 WRs today. Three starters and their primary return man.

Something in the water in NYC metro area I guess. How else to explain all the injuries for the Mets and Giants.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:06 pm

Damn. That sucks, to say the least.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:08 pm

The look on the faces of Giants fans in the stands was priceless. Without any words, the look told a story: "These seats cost me a friggin fortune ... it's early friggin October ... and I'm not going to see a meaningful friggin game until next year ... at the friggin earliest. This really friggin sucks."

Just be grateful you didn't go to NYU. You'd have squadoosh until next Spring.

--------------------

PS - I don't think it's the water causing the problem. I think it's this stuff:

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:15 pm

I decided not to go. And, given the injuries today I don't plan on going to any games this year. Going to a game is a big pain for me. Given how awful the Giants are I don't see me making the effort. Nice to have my Sunday's free.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:21 pm

Blue&White wrote:Giants lost 4 WRs today. Three starters and their primary return man.

Something in the water in NYC metro area I guess. How else to explain all the injuries for the Mets and Giants.

Personally, I think the Mets are just a bunch of wimps and don't play when their toenail hurts. As for the Giants, I think they are a little tougher and it was just pure coincidence that they all got hurt on the same day :D Or... maybe Phillip Rivers sent some prostitutes to the Giants hotel last night. I really don't care and hope the Jints organization implodes! My popcorn is in the microwave!

The Eagles and Wentz look fantastic!! Realistically, the Eagles should win the division and head to the Superbowl! I am pretty sure this will happen. I am going to start a Gofundme account so I can purchase Superbowl tix

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:07 pm

The Eagles just went to the Superbowl 13 years ago. Why do you have to be so greedy? Give someone else a chance.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:38 pm

Greed is my middle name because I have seen so many championships as a Philly phan! dad, I just called myself a phan so I can only imagine what your wife will say about that 8-)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:59 am

I really don't care and hope the Jints organization implodes!

Sometimes dreams come true.

I have no idea how they are going to handle this. The Mara's do not make quick or rash decisions. They always look long term. They are very much like the Rooney's in Pittsburgh. But, at this point I think it's tough to argue they don't have a problem at the top with GM Jerry Rees. He has done a horrible job fixing their problems at the line and left them with few offensive tools. And, it's not the first year either. He has to go. And, there is little chance that you fire the GM and keep the head coach so my guess is McAdoo is in trouble too. It's going to be back to the drawing board after this and probably looking for the next franchise QB.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:07 am

In other news, Jerry Jones says any Cowboy who doesn't stand for the National Anthem won't play. That's where he draws the line. Hey, it's his team and he has that right.

You know where he doesn't draw the line, though? Domestic violence. How many players have the Cowboys signed or drafted (and I'm not even talking about Elliot as the facts there are very much in dispute) who have been accused of beating up their wives or girlfriends?

They signed Greg Hardy despite his well known record of domestic violence. They drafted Jourdan Lewis despite him having multiple allegations about him grabbing his girlfriend by the neck and throwing her down.

You know what else isn't over the line for Jones? Drunk driving and vehicular homicide. That's why they were happy to welcome back Josh Brent after he killed a teammate while driving drunk.

But, kneel peacefully in protest against racial injustice and that's just too much for Jerry Jones to handle.

Makes sense.