Blue&White

Re: 2017 NFL Football Season

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:09 pm

How did he miss that tackle?
Is it baseball season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:14 pm

That DB should be required to wear "Brain Fart" on his uni next year in place of his name. There was absolutely no reason to lunge. He was right there. Wait for the receiver to catch the ball and then bear hug him.
Last edited by psu_dad on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:17 pm

Watching it again in slow motion makes it look even more ridiculous. Drew Brees was very gracious walking around and congratulating the Vikings but I bet it's all he can do not to deck that guy.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:38 pm

The missed tackle is a prime example of keeping your head up and seeing what you are hitting. He lowered his head and completely missed.

See you next week VIKES!!

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:59 am

My son, who doesn’t totally understand football (a failure on my part, I know) watched the last few minutes asthe Saints regained the lead. Before that last play, he asked what they should do. I said, they need a quick 20-25 yard pass completion to the sideline and stop the clock for the field goal attempt. Then the play happened and he said, or they could do that!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:58 pm

I did not realize that the Rooney family did not own the Steelers outright but it turns out they do not. There are a number of minority equity holders in the team. I have no idea how many of these there are or how much they own, but it seems to be a minority share. The reason this came up is some of these equity partners are pressuring the Rooney's to fire Mike Tomlin.

I get it. I'm not sure there is an obviously better option available, but I get it.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:14 pm

The equity shares are similar to what the Wilpons did with the Mets, I believe. A small group of investors, a very specific investment amount and strict rules governing the investors behavior: i.e. the investors cannot sell to another investor or group of investors and other similar restrictions.

BW - happy with Shurmur, or not? I like the hire, tbh, along with the hire of Gettleman.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Is the Shurmur hire official? I thought it was just speculation at this point.

If that's the hire, my response is just a casual shrug. I have no idea if it's a good hire or not. He has never been a head coach before and the last "offensive genius" we hired to run the team was just run out on a rail. From what I've read, this season with the Vikings is a bit of an anomaly for him and his track record is not one of consistent success. If this is the guy, I'm honestly a bit surprised the Giants would go that direction.

Ask me in 2 or 3 years if I like the hire. Right now, I just have no clue.

And, as for your comments on the Steelers equity: oh. I had no idea. If it's like the Mets, then they have zero impact on hiring or firing of a head coach or how the team is run. So, I guess their complaints are good internet fodder and not much else.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Blue&White wrote:I did not realize that the Rooney family did not own the Steelers outright but it turns out they do not. There are a number of minority equity holders in the team. I have no idea how many of these there are or how much they own, but it seems to be a minority share. The reason this came up is some of these equity partners are pressuring the Rooney's to fire Mike Tomlin.

I get it. I'm not sure there is an obviously better option available, but I get it.

Will not happen. Steelers fans are still scratching their heads over some poor......no, really poor....play calling and clock management in Sunday's loss to Jacksonville, but they need to take a big swig of STFU. Tomlin, through 11 years as head coach, has the best winning percentage in team history including Chuck Noll, won one SB in two appearances and sports a 15-8 record in the playoffs. And he's gotta go why? As a Steelers fan, that loss is hard to swallow, but firing Tomlin would be ridiculous. Firing the OC or the DC is more likely.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:19 pm

I want the Steelers to keep Tomlin, too.
Klaatu barada nikto