2018 Baseball Season

Blue&White

Re: 2018 Baseball Season

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:03 pm

I am pretty sure he still looks in the mirror everyday and pretends to brush his hair. Rumor has it that he continues to brush his hair and refer to it in 3rd person.

I don't care if he dates his hair as long as he keeps winning and throwing 9 Ks a game.

Anyway, break it out for Big Sexy!
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Perhaps Harvey will date deGrom's hair ... and then they'll break up ... and then Harvey will go on a week-long bender.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Perhaps Harvey will date deGrom's hair ... and then they'll break up ... and then Harvey will go on a week-long bender.

I'm pretty sure this happened during the off season already. Harvey was asked about deGrom's hair during ST and he said "they were just good friends" . So, I think that one is all wrapped up.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:52 pm

I don't know why, but this reminds me of the time I was in SoCal on business in the mid-90s and watching the local news in a hotel bar. A local reporter had footage of Mike Piazza leaving the clubhouse and walking towards his sports car. Waiting for him next to the car was an insanely hot blonde with 5-inch heels and a 5-inch long skirt.

Somehow I'm guessing that guys with mullets who work at Taco Bell don't get that sort of action.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Somehow I'm guessing that guys with mullets who work at Taco Bell don't get that sort of action.

There is just no justice in this world.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Uh-oh.

Someone needs to swing by B&W's house and remove all the sharp objects before he gets home.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Nah, I'm good. They have 2 catchers and were trying to figure out how to get them both playing time. This resolved the problem.

It's all good.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:46 pm

The White Sox attendance yesterday was 974.

That is not a mistype.

Maybe they should just merge with the Cubs or something.

Holy cow.
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:42 am

Blue&White wrote:Nah, I'm good. They have 2 catchers and were trying to figure out how to get them both playing time. This resolved the problem.

It's all good.

And then this happened. He really dodged a bullet. Losing 2 catchers in 1 day would have been brutal. D'Arnaud has never been able to stay healthy and he's impossible to rely on, so I wasn't upset when it was reported he was probably out for the season. But, they need Plaweki. Anyway, he's ok. I know the Mets luck is changing because if that happened in the previous 2 seasons they would have to amputate his arm at the elbow because he got hit by a pitch.

Anyway, weird thing in the Mets game last night. The Marlins have a pitcher named Jarlin Garcia who they are pretty high on. He's been working out of the pen and Mattingly gave him a start yesterday. Before the game Mattingly apparently said that he had not really been stretched out and though he would have a cap of about 90 pitches. Garcia has been pitching out of the pen and Mattingly didn't want to have him go too deep his first start.

Kid no-hit the Mets over 6 innings and threw 77 pitches. And Mattingly pulls him. After 77 pitches. WTF? Mattingly has a history of pulling guys throwing no-hitters to "protect their arms". He's done it each of the last 2 seasons, and usually when the pitcher was getting up over 100 pitches. But, pulling him after 77? Is his arm that delicate? Would it fall off at 78 pitches?

Anyway, the Mets got a hit in the 7th and broke the game wide open in the 8th and swept the Marlins. And, maybe they would have won regardless but, man, that has to be demoralizing to the team. The Marlins are playing for nothing this year. Their fans have nothing to look forward to. How do you pull a guy throwing a no-no after 6 innings and 77 pitches? Completely ridiculous.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:59 am

Their fans have nothing to look forward to.

Fortunately, there are very few of them to disappoint. If it weren't for the fans of other teams now living in Florida, the Marlins would be lucky to average 8k a game in attendance this year. The drew poorly last year and they're down 40% so far this year. The NHL team in Miami (Panthers) has a higher average per-game attendance right now.