2018 Baseball Season

PittGradPSUMad

Re: 2018 Baseball Season

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 am

psu_dad wrote:The knuckleheads on SNY were convinced two days ago that the Yankees had seized "momentum" in the series and were going to steamroll the Red Sox in Yankee Stadium. Today, they're tearing poor Aaron Boone a new one and saying the "momentum" has switched back. Jeezus Krist, stop with the momentum crap already. Clearly, that's not a factor in this series. It's strictly a game-to-game proposition.

In my next life, I'm going to be in the sports media. You can make a living as an"expert" while having no more insight than the average fan. Pretty sweet. I think other occupations should work like that. I've always wanted to pretend that I was an architect.

Not me. I want to come back as a marine biologist. If that doesn't work out, I could be a baseball commentator.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:37 am

I've always wanted to pretend that I was an architect.

Pfffft. Architect.

I think I’d really like to be a city planner. Why limit myself to just one building, when I can design a whole city? And, isn’t an architect just an art school drop-out with a tilty desk, and a big ruler?
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Speaking of pretending to be something, last night Angel Hernandez pretended to be a major league umpire. He had 3 calls over-tuned at first base by the 4th inning. And this clown is working behind the plate tonight.

I guess Frank Drebin wasn't available.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:07 pm

MLB claims they put the top graded umpires out for the post season, but we all know that isn't true. Hernandez sued them last year for discrimination and that's why he's out there.

And, while he is a below average umire, he makes up for his failings by being combative and picking fights with players. Total douchebag. He's on par with Joe West. Or, put another way, when fans recognize your name, there is a problem. There are few umpires where I actually know them by name, and Hernandez is one of them. It's because he's always involved in contreversey. That's why any fan knows the names of any umpire - because they get a reputation. The guys who you see every game and have no clue who they are? Those are the guys you want.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Blue&White wrote: I've always wanted to pretend that I was an architect.

Pfffft. Architect.

I think I’d really like to be a city planner.

I AM a city planner! Among a few other things.

Doesn't Hernandez have a lawsuit pending against MLB for preventing him from working World Series games? I could be wrong about that and I really don't feel like having his name in my search history so someone else can figure it out. :D

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:49 am

Yankees eliminated.

Too bad, so sad.
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:59 am

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am rooting for the Brewers. GO BREWERS!

Seriously, when does a team from Milwauhkee win anything?? How can you not pull for the Brew Crew? And, sadly, I think they have the worst chance of the remaining 4. You never know, though. Who picked them to go this far?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:57 am

Seriously, when does a team from Milwauhkee win anything??

Before he was known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Lew Alcindor was drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks and they won an NBA title in the early '70s. And the Braves won a WS there in the '50s. That''s all I recall.

Absent a rooting interest, I imagine pulling for the under dog is pretty common.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:02 am

I was at the Monday Red Sox game - my Sox emptied the stadium of those front runner Yankee fans - on to Houston.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:22 am

my Sox

You're what?