2018 NFL Season

psu_dad

Re: 2018 NFL Season

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:06 pm

I'm sure I can come up with one. When was the "time of death" according to the coroner? Just curious.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:08 pm

So, I just stumbled on the fact that Peter King has left Sports Illustrated and is going to do other things. I read his last MMQB column while eating lunch a little bit ago.

As choked up as I know dad will be in genearl about King going on to other things in life, I'm sure King's final comments in his "thank you" to Payton Manning will have dad in outright tears. It was rather heartwarming. Oh, King does a "thank you" to Brady as well, but we all know that the only person dad revers more than Peter King is Payton Manning.

dad - let me know if you cant' find it. Happy to provide you the link.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:08 pm

A mortal lock for the Pantload Hall of Fame some day. First ballot. But that will be posthumous, because he's dead to me.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:21 pm

This is all you need to know about that total hack NFL flunky, who is dead to me BTW. And yes, Goodell absolutely got to "third base" with him at the end of their date. NTTAWWT.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:29 pm

So, do you need the link to the column or do you not need the link to the column? You are being ambigious.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:47 pm

You shouldn't troll old people entering stroke/heart-attack country. It's not right.

BTW, did that miserable POS who is dead to me thank Peyton Manning's wife for allowing her husband to throw her under the bus?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:04 pm

ok, ok, I get it. Here is the link. Now stop blubbering about it.

And, for your ease, here is what he wrote about your boy, Peyton:

Thank you, Peyton Manning. More than any other player in my time covering the league, Manning understood the back-and-forth nature of our jobs. In training camp every year he’d grill me about where I’d been and who was saying what—any morsel of information that could help him even a little bit. Plus, he loved the gossip. In exchange, he knew what we wanted: colorful stories from the huddle and the field and sanitized ones from the locker room and the airplanes. He gave. One time in my life—at least that I recall—he wouldn’t help me. I was doing a story naming Manning our midseason MVP in 2009. The unbeaten Colts were headed for a midseason showdown with the Patriots. He figured it out, and our magazine, likely with him on the cover, would be out a few days before the Pats-Colts game on Nov. 15. No interview, he said. No cooperation with the story. His right, of course. But that got me a little fired up. I was going to beat the bushes to find out why Manning, with a bad running game and a beat-up line and a new head coach, was playing so great.

I found it in Qadry Ismail, who shared a story from his one year with Manning, 2002, and a game at Jacksonville.

What I wrote:

Ismail shares what he calls a “CIA, burn-after-reading secret” out of the Indianapolis playbook from that Jaguars game. When Manning gave Ismail a shoveling motion or said the words “Crane! Crane!” Ismail would run a dig route—a curl or buttonhook in which the receiver goes downfield a certain distance, plants his foot suddenly and turns to face the quarterback. Having seen the signal a couple of times early in the game, Jacksonville corner Jason Craft then taunted Ismail. “I know what y’all are doing!” Craft hollered. “Every time he gives that [shoveling] signal, you run that little in route!”

Now, Ismail could have said, “Are you seriously challenging Peyton Manning?” Instead he told the cornerback he didn’t know what he was talking about, then told Manning and offensive coordinator Tom Moore on the sideline, “He's bragging like he knows what we’re doing. He’s going to jump that route!” Manning filed the information and talked with Moore about using it later in the game. Sure enough, with the ball at the Jaguars’ 12 in the third quarter, Manning told Ismail that “Crane!” would be a dummy call, and instead of the dig he should run a hitch-and-go (basically a dig, stop and sprint back upfield into the end zone). “What a simple TD,” Ismail said.

Manning, I’m told, fumed when he read that. He didn’t want his receivers—even ex-ones—to give away company secrets. That made me happy. Not that I wanted to make Manning’s job harder, but I wanted to find out real stuff that made Manning Manning.
---

Happy now?

:lol:

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:07 pm

I wanted to find out real stuff that made Manning Manning.

Well, from 2012 on, it was Human Growth Hormone, you pathetic jock-sniffing sycophant ... who is dead to me.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Apparently there is a video of Adam Jones (Formerly knows as Pacman Jones) fighting an airport employee. I watched the video and the airport employee clearly goes after Jones. In fact, employee starts the fight. Jones basically defends himself and end up knocking the guy out. It will be interesting to see what the commish does. I can't imagine the commish can do anything but who knows. He does what he wants. The video does not help the NFL in any way.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:46 pm

I can relate to that. I can't get through a single day without getting into a fist fight. I got into two fist fights just this morning. One at the gas station. One at the supermarket. You look at me sideways and it's "on". That's how I roll.