2018 NFL Season

psu_dad

Re: 2018 NFL Season

Postby psu_dad » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:25 pm

In fairness to Fox News, about whom I don't give a rat's ass, there's a difference between (1) unapologetic bias (which is the norm now in the MSM) and (2) a screw-up that you acknowledge and apologize for.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:04 am

They acknowledged it and apologized once it was called out, but I don't believe for one minute it was a screw-up.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:17 am

You think they intentionally posted a photo that didn't represent what they said with the expectation that the people in the photo would never see it or correct them if they did? Seriously?

The probability of that not working wasn't just high. It was 100% It was an obvious screw-up.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:23 am

I agree that it had a high probability of being found out, but am not 100% sure that it was a mistake. I am 50/50 on that but may never know.

I do find it odd that Trumpkins can disregard an apology or correction from the more liberal outlets as "Fake News" but tell us all that at least FoxNews has standards when they correct an error.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:52 am

It wasn't just an obvious mistake. It was an over-the-top comically-inept mistake. In one of the photos I saw, a lone player was kneeling on the goal line with no one near him. In another, three players were kneeling in the end zone under the goal posts. These CLEARLY didn't occur during the national anthem. There was ZERO chance this wouldn't be exposed, even if the players involved were on vacation in Australia ,

My guess is that the person responsible for those photos has never seen a football game in their life. Perhaps they entrusted some knucklehead intern to google "Eagles kneeling". Don't presume the people who work in the media are geniuses. They're not.
Last edited by psu_dad on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:53 am

You think they intentionally posted a photo that didn't represent what they said with the expectation that the people in the photo would never see it or correct them if they did? Seriously?

I don't dismiss that as a possibility, no. I do think, however, they found a picture and posted it without giving a crap what the context was. That doesn't make them unique in the news business, but they are very fast to cry foul when it happens elsewhere. And, it happens routinely with Fox. More than any of the other news networks. They all make mistakes and sometimes get the story wrong. Some times they get things innocently and sometimes they get things wrong because they are sloppy and should have known better. Fox leads the league in unforced errors.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:56 am

okey-dokey

No sense in beating this to death. The whole anthem protest thing gives me a Popsicle headache anyways.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:35 am

The cable networks aren't reporting news - they are op-ed / agenda driven talk shows. When they come across information they don't vet it for accuracy or context they assess if it somehow fits their preconceived agenda. Add to that to the fact they are trying to match the delivery speed of straight up propaganda internet outlets and you end up with a lot of Emmerty reporting.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:16 am

Disagree with how they're doing it if you'd like, but this is the type of stuff that these players have been attempting to draw attention to:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/06/06/arizona-officers-leave-video-man-punched/676346002/
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

tempe

Postby tempe » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:12 pm

couple things - Mesa is nasty. They killed a sobbing Shaver - https://www.azcentral.com/videos/news/l ... 108422324/

Also, regarding the fox kneeling post. Once the photos are posted - they are absorbed. The retraction means little. That is the human condition.