2018 NFL Season

psu_dad

Re: 2018 NFL Season

Postby psu_dad » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:07 pm

Ketchup on hotdogs is an unnatural act. That's indisputable. But lama needs to tread softly on the raw onions business. It's more nuanced. On a hotdog or a hamburger, fine. But anyone who uses raw onions on a sausage sub or smothers a steak with raw onions needs to do the Perp Walk.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:51 pm

You know, I'm starting to seriously question what kind of troglodytes infest this board. Raw onions on sausage or steak? Look, I can put up with a lot of things - mysogny, racism, Donald Trump as president, etc. But, you start with the raw onions where they don't belong and, well, that's where the line is.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:05 pm

I see tolerance has it's limits.

A steak sandwich is not a steak and it's certainly not a sausage - so the premise of using raw / chopped onions on a steak sandwich being presented as a culinary foul related to a steak or sausage is fake news.

And on the rare occasion I eat a hot dog it's plain. In fact I don't I've had a hot dog yet this year.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:11 pm

I see tolerance has it's limits.

I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Lama. Across this line, you DO NOT ... put ketchup on a hotdog or raw onions on a sausage sandwhich or a steak.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:18 pm

I think lama is trying to argue that if you put a ribeye in a Cuisinart, it somehow ceases to be steak.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:31 pm

A raw material put through a process is transformed and different process yield different end products.

If I take ice cream and put it in a bowl and add a banana, peanuts, cherries and whipped cream I have a sundae. Perfectly fine. If I put that ice cream in a blender with milk I have a shake. If I want the peanut flavor I'd use peanut butter. If I want cherry flavoring I'd use cherry extract or juice. I wouldn't add a banana because I hate bananas and that would detract from the chocolately goodness.

A sundae is no more a milkshake than a steak is a steak sandwich. The application matters,

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Cool story bro. Now stop putting raw onions on steak and cheese.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:03 pm

I've always found this general topic interesting. If my wife catches me eating a chocolate brownie or a slice of apple pie for breakfast, she totally freaks out. But she can eat a chocolate doughnut or a piece of apple danish because It's shaped differently. :lol:

PS - What Shore said.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:13 pm

My younger son goes to a tutor every Sunday morning. She works out of a Dunkin Donuts. I take my son most times, bring my laptop and do some work. I always get something to eat. If I go home and tell my wife I had a choloclate chip muffin, she doesn't flinch. If I say I got a donut - which is really a muffin in rounded form - she gives me the fisheye and a lecture about how I keep complaining I want to lose weight but can't. Go figure.

P.S. what dad and Shore said.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:50 pm

Generally I don't go for the onions - but if I do they will be raw - I understand the objection and I would never hand any of you a Steak Sandwich with raw onions. In return never hand me a brownie with walnuts.