2018 NFL Season

Blue&White

Re: 2018 NFL Season

Postby Blue&White » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Generally I don't go for the onions - but if I do they will be raw - I understand the objection and I would never hand any of you a Steak Sandwich with raw onions

Sorry, but that's not good enough. You must renounce your right to eat raw onions on a steak, a steak sandwich or a sausage sandwhich or you leave us no choice but to burn you at the stake as a heretic. There really isn't any middle ground here.

Walnuts in brownies are a preference thing. You don't like 'em, don't eat 'em with the walnuts. You could always just pick them out, you know. Just sayin....
Is it baseball season yet?

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:25 am

A steak sandwich is something one generally orders or prepares for a single serving for an individual person. We all order and get what we like. If I get raw onions on mine you will not be impacted when you come up and get whatever custom combination you desire.

Brownies are made for in a multiple serving batch - so when the batch is defiled with walnuts many are harmed.

Seems me that simply ignoring the raw onions on my steak sandwich is less of an imposition than me picking stinking walnuts out of brownie.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:30 am

Seems me that simply ignoring the raw onions on my steak sandwich is less of an imposition than me picking stinking walnuts out of brownie.

You must be new here. Welcome to America -- unless you didn't wait on the proper line in which case GTF out.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:40 am

I'm with you on the walnuts thing, generally.

That said, whenever I visit my son, my grandchildren expect pop-pop to bake them a treat. They both have celiac, but I found a great gluten-free brownies mix. I also found some peanut butter morsels to add, because they love PB. My wife said maybe I should leave that out because not everyone liked PB, to which I replied " Tough noogies. i'm not making the brownies for them".

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:42 am

Mmmm, peanut butter. Sorry, we're WAY off topic here but I do love me some good peanut butter.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:36 pm

So do I, but I'm having a minor PB crisis.

My wife has been buying this all-natural/organic PB that my son (the Health Nazi) told her to buy, Apparently it's made by woodland nymphs in their hidden forest factory. It does taste great, but it's "runny". So when you make a PB&J sammich, you get constant leakage out the sides. I'm accustomed to the firmer homogeneous texture of Skippy PB. But that contains hydrogenated oils and added sugar, which apparently my son told my wife will kill me.

Mrs psu_dad: So will those damn Nutty Bars.
Me: For the last time, I FOUND that box on the lawn!

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:14 pm

Blue&White wrote:You know, I'm starting to seriously question what kind of troglodytes infest this board. Raw onions on sausage or steak? Look, I can put up with a lot of things - mysogny, racism, Donald Trump as president, etc. But, you start with the raw onions where they don't belong and, well, that's where the line is.

You had me with the raw onions....I'm right there with those sauteed, carmelized little bits of goodness....but holy mother of god.... to suggest that ketchup doesn't belong on a hotdog is outrageous, misanthrophic and un-american..... a bridge too far. Show me, please, where in all that is holy and true does it say you can't have ketchup with a hotdog? What's next....no butter or salt with my corn-on-the-cob?....no peas with my carrots?.....no milk with my cheerios? Now, if you wanna tell me that only an ego-maniacal, narcissistic, arrogant, flaming a-hole would liberally sprinkle ketchup on a steak grilled to resemble an old catcher's mit, I'll believe you, but for chrissake, stop with this hotdog madness, pass the ketchup, please and thank you very much, and leave my condiments alone.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:16 pm

but holy mother of god.... to suggest that ketchup doesn't belong on a hotdog is outrageous, misanthrophic and un-american.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:23 pm

My father, may he rest in peace, fought in W-W-2 for my right to slather ketchup on my hotdogs. Bring the torches and pitchforks if you must. I will not be cowed.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:52 pm

To paraphrase Maurice from Boogie Nights: "Eat what you dig"

So Pitt if you throw some ketchup on a dog you'll won't get any stink eye from me. And if I stand between you and said condiment I will politely pass it to you when requested.

Shore
16oz Low Fat Chocolate Milk
8-10oz of Low Fat Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
3-4 good knifeswabs of PB
1 scoop whey protein

Greatest post run recovery shake known to man. Per my previous posts on this topic - it's tastes like a liquid orgasm. It's all I think about the last two miles of a long outdoor run.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall