2018 NFL Season

Shore Lion

Re: 2018 NFL Season

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:49 pm

sameoldlama wrote: . . . it tastes like a liquid orgasm. . .

Yeah, see you had me until right here. Then I had another thought and I was suddenly no longer interested. NNTAWWT

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:03 pm

In Fiddler on the Roof, when Tevye's first daughter wants to marry someone of her own choosing, he's outraged at first, but eventually caves because she at least begged for his permission. When his second daughter also decides to marry someone of her own choosing, with or without his permission, he's outraged again, but eventually caves again. But when his third daughter decides to marry someone who puts ketchup on his hotdogs, he decides that's it, he has to take a stand.

I agree with Tevye. Some times you have to take a stand.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:13 pm

Giants stink.

That is all.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:27 am

Difficult to succeed as NFL QB when your OL resembles a swinging gate. Manning looked ok when he had more than a millisecond to find a receiver. Which was almost never. Gonna be another long season for Giants fans.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:02 am

I heard that someone on the Bills "retired" at halftime, Just got dressed and left the building. “He didn’t say nothing to nobody”, according to a team mate. Not a scrub, either. A starting DB. I don't remember his name, but he's my new favorite player.

Take this job and shove it
I ain't working here no more ...

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:45 am

pennstate92 wrote:Giants stink.

That is all.

How many days to spring training?

dad - the Bills player who retired was Vontae Davis. He apparently decided sometime during the 2nd quarter his body could no longer hold up. I don't blame him for retiring for health reasons, but in the middle of a game is pretty funny.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:25 am

I will say this, the one saving grace of all my sports teams is that I can reasonably expect the Nittany Lions to win somewhere between 9-12 games per year. The second saving grace is that I don't have to torture myself by watching any more NFL games this year.

I think Gettleman is on the right path & needs another year to get more talent in place. On the flip side, guys like Snacks and Vernon are likely to be salary cap hits. Gettleman talked about QB hell. Well, signing Odell and potentially Landon Collins might gut the rest of the position groups.

I don't envy Gettleman his job.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:38 am

I love having Barkley on the Giants, but I have the same concern now that I had before the draft - while they needed a running back Barkley was a luxury. They had some gaping holes to fill before they added a top RB. And, the biggest gaping hole is on the offensive line. Eric Flowers is awful and a complete bust.

Barkley looks like he's going to be good. He does a lot of things and gives a lot of options. But, without a line - and even a QB - they are going to squander what both him and OBJ bring to the table.

As for Landon Collins, after last night I think he should be giving money back!
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:18 am

How many days to spring training?

The 2019 Spring Training reporting dates are still TBA. But give or take a few days, pitchers and catchers should be reporting around 2/13/2019 and the other players a week later. So. just 5 months. Practically the blink of an eye.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:31 am

psu_dad wrote:I heard that someone on the Bills "retired" at halftime, Just got dressed and left the building. “He didn’t say nothing to nobody”, according to a team mate. Not a scrub, either. A starting DB. I don't remember his name, but he's my new favorite player.

Take this job and shove it
I ain't working here no more ...

I agree. I have no problem with what he did.

Loyalty goes both ways. The Bills would have been within their rights to cut him at halftime. On the other hand, players are free to retire at halftime.

Same thing in the real world. Your employer can eliminate your job at will (for the most part). As such, you can quit when you want too.
41-33.