2018 NFL Season

PSUgrower

Re: 2018 NFL Season

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:16 pm

Blue&White wrote:
pennstate92 wrote:Giants stink.

That is all.

How many days to spring training?

dad - the Bills player who retired was Vontae Davis. He apparently decided sometime during the 2nd quarter his body could no longer hold up. I don't blame him for retiring for health reasons, but in the middle of a game is pretty funny.

This guy is chump and quitter. I am sure he doesn't give a lick at what I am typing but I would be absolutely furious if one of my colleague quit in the middle of a day or game and I had to pick up their slack. Sounds like a great story but I hope the guy gets run over by a bus- just desserts IMO

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Blue&White wrote:I love having Barkley on the Giants, but I have the same concern now that I had before the draft - while they needed a running back Barkley was a luxury. They had some gaping holes to fill before they added a top RB. And, the biggest gaping hole is on the offensive line. Eric Flowers is awful and a complete bust.

Barkley looks like he's going to be good. He does a lot of things and gives a lot of options. But, without a line - and even a QB - they are going to squander what both him and OBJ bring to the table.

As for Landon Collins, after last night I think he should be giving money back!

And this is why I typed on multiple occasions that the Giants should have either drafted a QB or traded the pick to get a bunch more picks. Adding Barkley and the Olinemen were not going to make them a 500 team. They still need at least 3-4 starters on their roster and a QB. The nice thing is that the Eagles should win at least 2 games a year for awhile- Thanks Giants!

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:09 pm

PSUgrower wrote:This guy is chump and quitter. I am sure he doesn't give a lick at what I am typing but I would be absolutely furious if one of my colleague quit in the middle of a day or game and I had to pick up their slack. Sounds like a great story but I hope the guy gets run over by a bus- just desserts IMO

Funny, one of my dreams is to do a mic drop in the middle of a meeting and quit. A little different scenario but oh well, life goes on.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:36 pm

You are more than welcome to do a mic drop and quit, but don't quit in the middle of the day if you are going to screw coworkers. Not a fan of quitters at all. I wanted to quit the violin in the middle of 6th grade. It was not happening in my house as my father said come hell or high water I will be playing the fiddle until the end of the year :x BTW, I don't let my students quit- finish what you start.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Exactly. To hell with your health. Just don't quit.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Again, the way I see it your employer can make you "quit" at any time.

The employees have the same right to quit at a time of their choosing.

The whole loyalty thing cuts both ways.
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:21 pm

The Giants just cut a couple of players. Maybe someone needs to explain to their front office how Grower's dad made him play the violin all year.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:36 pm

This guy was a starter who was part of the game plan. The whole team is relying on him to do a job on the field.

I completely get a company can cut you anytime. I get that. What I don't get is walking out and leaving your fellow colleagues there to clean up your mess. Sorry, I have worked some absolutely shitty jobs and there was never a time when I walked out because other people relied on me to finish the job. Lets go through a few of my crappy jobs. Cleaning cars for 4 days a week 10 hours a day. Using tire shine to wipe down the tires of 2000 cars at the Manheim Auto Auction- we started at 5 am and went home when it was done. Worked the assembly line at Nissan foods and stacked Ramen noodles. It doesn't seem tough until you stack 8 pound packages every 10 seconds for 8 hours. And don't give me this health crap because these guys get paid a gazillion dollars. God only knows the chemicals I was using the clean the disgusting cars at the auto auction. BTW, I got paid between 8.85 and 10.50 per hour to perform my jobs. I would willingly tackle people for $200,000 a game and risk a concussion. Cry me a river

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:56 am

I'm not allowed to eat those Ramen noodles any more. My sons (the Health Nazis) say they have too much sodium in them. Turns out you were stacking little cups of Heart Attack. Shame on you.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:38 am

Grower, I get what you're saying and I understand where you're coming from.

I have been working for my current employer for almost four years now. I love my job and love where I work. However, I remember when I first started my department went ahead and laid off nearly 100 people, some of whom had been there 20+ years. They literally came in that morning and were gone that morning.

Unfortunately it is the employer's right to let go of at will employees when they feel like it. That's the sad, cold reality. As such, I have no problem with employees leaving "at will" too. It cuts both ways.

I know people ride Millenials for job hopping. In their defense though, they grew up in the 2008 economic crisis and saw tens of thousands of people thrown out of work. Therefore, I say good for them if they find new opportunities.
41-33.