2018 NFL Season

Blue&White

Re: 2018 NFL Season

Postby Blue&White » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:39 pm

I think Grower picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:58 pm

I saw the end of the Eagles game. That was awful enough. Thankfully I did not sit through that nonsense. Talk about deja vu.

Horrible football weekend.
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:21 pm

If there is a good QB coming out after this year the Giants are positioning themselves for another shot at him.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:50 am

I think Beckham may be one bad pass from a full-blown on-the-field Stage-3 Melt-down. This could get ugly.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:11 am

The Giants OL isn't fixed and Manning gets the ball out slowly and is immobile - that's a bad combo. So if the NYG pick up some more OL help in 1st round and pick up a mobile QB with a lot of moxie in middle rounds ..........

#9 to NYG
#9 to NYG
#9 to NYG
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:39 am

I think Beckham may be one bad pass from a full-blown on-the-field Stage-3 Melt-down. This could get ugly.

I know how Beckham feels. I'm one bad pass away from a full-blown melt-down myself.

Lama - no. Love McSorely but he's not an NFL QB. At least not for any extended amount of time. Guys who run the ball like that have very short lifespans in the NFL. Michael Vick is the one exception. Giants need help in the Oline and they need to start thinking about who the next QB is. If the season continues as it's been, they need to bench Manning and see if Kyle Lauletta has any chance of being an NFL QB. Having Manning play out the string of a bad season - again - while an unproven draft pick gets no NFL experience is moronic. I really hope the Giants don't do that again.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:59 am

Blue&White wrote:I think Beckham may be one bad pass from a full-blown on-the-field Stage-3 Melt-down. This could get ugly.

I know how Beckham feels. I'm one bad pass away from a full-blown melt-down myself.

Lama - no. Love McSorely but he's not an NFL QB. At least not for any extended amount of time. Guys who run the ball like that have very short lifespans in the NFL. Michael Vick is the one exception. Giants need help in the Oline and they need to start thinking about who the next QB is. If the season continues as it's been, they need to bench Manning and see if Kyle Lauletta has any chance of being an NFL QB. Having Manning play out the string of a bad season - again - while an unproven draft pick gets no NFL experience is moronic. I really hope the Giants don't do that again.

Relax - just trying to lighten the mood after just about every team that the majority of this board roots for between college and pro died at end of the game.

If McS were to go pro he would have to adjust to pro style offense / taking snaps under center / and most of all learning you sue your legs to extend plays or avoid losses - but you slide or run out of bounds every chance you get. I'd say watch Mayfield - if he can adapt McS should get a shot - but he's a mid - late round pick and a year or two of learning.

I agree Manning doesn't work with this OL and I would figure if Giants find themselves with only 2-3 wins by mid season he will get benched.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:38 am

And speaking of melt-downs ... My favorite Mets fan, who goes by the name "Frankie Fins" during football season, had a major melt-down on his nightly video blog. It may be time for an intervention.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:42 am

Earl Thomas of the Seahawks broke his leg and (apparently) flipped the bird to the Seahawks sideline, most likely at Pete Carroll.

That team hasn't been right since they lost SB49.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspo ... -area/amp/
41-33.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:00 pm

Pete Carroll has a reputation as a "player's coach". In the NFL, that can sometimes work in the short run, but not in the long run. Eventually, the players mutiny and attempt to take over the ship.

It's also hard to sustain excellence because of FA and the salary cap. When you're successful, the players all want to get paid. And you can't pay them all and stay under the cap. So you have to reload constantly.