2018 NFL Season

pennstate92

Re: 2018 NFL Season

Postby pennstate92 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:38 pm

The only talent that the Giants have is at the skill positions. I could write a novel, but why bother. And I actually feel bad for Eli. If he had a decent line, he could still play, but he's so shellshocked at this point that he can't get out of his own way. And who can blame him? And he's not going to retire with another $19M on the table for next year. They may ask him to take a pay cut, but if he says no, they'll have to cut him and that will cost them something like $10M in dead money just to let him go (iirc).

The franchise is a mess from the top down: Steve Tisch is enjoying life as an absentee owner (despite owning 50% of the team) and John Mara is a pale shadow of his father, Wellington.

Of course, karma's a bitch. You could argue that 2 SBs are worth the current aggravation...but I'd argue that prolonged failure starts at the top. The Mara/Tisch duo have had too many missteps in the past 7 years to warrant closer inspection. Unfortunately, there's not really anything anyone can do except report on their incompetence.

The best to hope for this season is to finish bad enough to get one of the two kids out west from UW or Oregon.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Gunsmoke17

Postby Gunsmoke17 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:14 pm

We are choke state

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:07 pm

Gunsmoke17 wrote:We are choke state

Thanks for that helpful NFL insight.
Is it baseball season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:57 pm

pennstate92 wrote:The only talent that the Giants have is at the skill positions. I could write a novel, but why bother. And I actually feel bad for Eli. If he had a decent line, he could still play, but he's so shellshocked at this point that he can't get out of his own way.

I missed this comment earlier. Suffice to say - I disagree. I think Eli is a large part of the problem. It's not just the line. The line isn't doing a great job but when they do provide him protection he still can't make anything happen. He can no longer get the ball downfield and opposing defenses no it. So, they soften the deep coverage and come at him with everything they have. And, it's working. When it comes to throwing the ball downfield, he has nothing left in the tank. No accuracy and no strength. And, there are reports that some of his teammates have had enough. If half of that article is true the Giants have a big problem.

And, you can bet stories like that are going to embolden OBJ to keep flapping his gums. That would be a lot more bearable if Beckham hadn't dropped a few balls this season. But, he has. He really needs to STFU. But, if the offense continues to fail at getting the ball downfield to him and let him rack up gaudy numbers and highlight reel catches, he's going to get louder and louder. Ultimately, I think that is his biggest gripe. I'm sure he doesn't like losing but my guess - based only on what I see of his personality that he puts on display - is that he can live with the losing as long as he can pad his own stats. And, that is not going to happen with Eli. It probably isn't going to happen with any of the QBs on the roster.

All I know is it's going to be a looooong 10 weeks for the Giants.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:03 pm

I actually don't care as long as Saquon keeps doing Saquon things.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:04 am

Gunsmoke17 wrote:We are choke state

The Eagles won so I am lost on this comment

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:12 am

The Patriot fans have become bums. A Chief's player scored a touchdown and they flashed the middle finger in front of him and threw a beer in his face. And you thought Philly fans were bad! Chowdahead fans are the definition of entitlement! They won so many championships the last 15 years that they don't care about the regular season. NE fans are the worst and all of them act like the 2 who flicked off and dumped a beer on the head of the Chief's WR. I am guessing all Bostonians at like these 2 asshats. They must be because it is on video- that is all I need to find them guilty. Dad, I am guessing you know these 2 people and act exactly like them! You should be ashamed of yourself!!! :twisted:

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:15 am

Blue&White wrote:
pennstate92 wrote:The only talent that the Giants have is at the skill positions. I could write a novel, but why bother. And I actually feel bad for Eli. If he had a decent line, he could still play, but he's so shellshocked at this point that he can't get out of his own way.

I missed this comment earlier. Suffice to say - I disagree. I think Eli is a large part of the problem. It's not just the line. The line isn't doing a great job but when they do provide him protection he still can't make anything happen. He can no longer get the ball downfield and opposing defenses no it. So, they soften the deep coverage and come at him with everything they have. And, it's working. When it comes to throwing the ball downfield, he has nothing left in the tank. No accuracy and no strength. And, there are reports that some of his teammates have had enough. If half of that article is true the Giants have a big problem.

And, you can bet stories like that are going to embolden OBJ to keep flapping his gums. That would be a lot more bearable if Beckham hadn't dropped a few balls this season. But, he has. He really needs to STFU. But, if the offense continues to fail at getting the ball downfield to him and let him rack up gaudy numbers and highlight reel catches, he's going to get louder and louder. Ultimately, I think that is his biggest gripe. I'm sure he doesn't like losing but my guess - based only on what I see of his personality that he puts on display - is that he can live with the losing as long as he can pad his own stats. And, that is not going to happen with Eli. It probably isn't going to happen with any of the QBs on the roster.

All I know is it's going to be a looooong 10 weeks for the Giants.

See the above in bold!! I cannot believe you are an adult and don't "no" the difference. Sweet God, and you have children! What is this world coming two!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:32 am

That's why I never became a teacher. I knew the risks of ruining young minds was two great.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:38 am

Remember Kellen Winslow's publicist? Well, I think she's going to be working over time after this story.