2018 NFL Season

psu_dad

Re: 2018 NFL Season

Postby psu_dad » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:47 pm

Six. Friggin. Points. Against a team that has allowed 150 in their last 4 games.

Let's go Garbage Time
clap clap clap-clap-clap
Klaatu barada nikto

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:52 am

Awww, poor baby doesn't like all the hate and negetivity going his way. Fvck him. There is not hate and negetivity in the world for this worthless bastard.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo. ... 54354.html
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:35 am

I still can't figure out how he got out after 18 years. I read dad's explanation but it doesn't make sense to me. Prosecutors don't go all or nothing. They throw in all the potential charges just in case. I can't accept that they just blew that decision. Something else was in play. Maybe there is some state law I'm not aware of, don't know.

But, otherwise, I'm with Crowbar. Screw Ray Carruth. There are a lot of people who are worthy of second chances and a lot of people in prison I can probably defend giving a second chance to. But, a guy who hires a hit man to murder his pregnant girlfriend so he doesn't have to pay child support ain't on that list. At least not for me they are not.
Is it baseball season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:15 am

It's a matter of public record that he was found (a) not guilty of 1st degree murder and (b) guilty of conspiracy to commit murder. So there was more than one charge. But they can't (to my knowledge) simultaneously charge someone with both 1st and 2nd degree murder. There are numerous accounts of the trial on the internet. It was a total cluster f---. The shooter was given a deal (2nd degree murder and no death penalty) to testify against Caruth and he ended up being a complete disaster on the witness stand. He's a friggin lunatic. He had the jury convinced he was capable of popping a cap in someone's ass just for cutting him off in traffic.

Relying on this nut log to secure a 1st degree murder charge was a major blunder. And there was subsequent indication by jury members that a 2nd degree murder charge would have probably resulted in a conviction. I don't know why you think prosecutors can't screw up. Didn't you watch the OJ trial?
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:32 am

I know prosecutors can screw up. That job doesn't always land the best and brightest. But, generally you charge lessor charges as well. It may vary by state but I believe you can charge 1st and 2nd degree murder and that kind of screw up seems unlikely, but who knows. Or, maybe NC is different and you can't charge multiple included charges.

Either way, he's out and free. By all accounts, he was a horrible person when he went in. 18 years behind bars may have mellowed him but if he's looking for empathy I think he's going to have to keep looking.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:01 am

Blue&White wrote:I still can't figure out how he got out after 18 years. I read dad's explanation but it doesn't make sense to me. Prosecutors don't go all or nothing. They throw in all the potential charges just in case. I can't accept that they just blew that decision. Something else was in play. Maybe there is some state law I'm not aware of, don't know.

But, otherwise, I'm with Crowbar. Screw Ray Carruth. There are a lot of people who are worthy of second chances and a lot of people in prison I can probably defend giving a second chance to. But, a guy who hires a hit man to murder his pregnant girlfriend so he doesn't have to pay child support ain't on that list. At least not for me they are not.

Plus, you have to pick whether you are trying to get a conviction for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree homicide charges. The DA picked 1st degree. They screwed the pooch and lost the gamble! It happens all the time. I was surprised he was in for 18 years to be honest

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:04 am

why isn't Bdub screaming about the stupid QB sneaks last night!! That was awesome to watch!!

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:13 am

If he is going to recap the bad offensive play calling by the NYG he may need to hire a staff first
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:16 am

Seriously, I don't know where to start. It all just rolls up into "the Giants suck" and leave it at that.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:12 am

Giantsa are trading away draft picks for late round picks like that was once in style.

And yet I guarantee they will continue to start Eli Manning every single game from now until at least the last 2 games of the season.