2018 NFL Season

Blue&White

Re: 2018 NFL Season

Postby Blue&White » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:56 am

Fans care more than owners do and consistently hold out hope for miracles and competency. The Bengals won enough with Lewis that fans kept coming back. But, the last few years has been sub-.500 teams and they finally took action. Amazing it didn't happen last year. And, then they jumped out to a 4 - 1 start and things looked good

Btw, the fans I really question are Browns fans. Since they were reconstituted in 1999 they have had a total of 2 seasons over .500 and the last one was 2007. This year's 7-8-1 record is their best record (by percentage, they went 7-9 once) since that glorious 2007 season. I guess Bengals fans console themselves by reminding themselves they don't live in Cleveland.
Is it baseball season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:22 pm

Cleveland, city of light,
City of magic.
Cleveland, city of light,
You're calling me.
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:34 am

So, reading about Antonio Brown makes me appreciate that the Giants have OBJ even more. Beckham is a headcase and is probably a pain in the ass to manage on a regular basis, but no one has accused him of quitting on the Giants. Making stupid decisions that cost the team due to penalties? Sure. Embarrassed the organization on several occasions? No doubt. Created needless friction in the locker room when things weren't going well? Absolutely. But, he always shows up to play. And ,this year when the Giants were collapsing he was one of the guys who publicly kept talking about winning out and how important it was to keep fighting. Sure, he's a douchebag but he ain't Antonio Brown.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:13 pm

I think this Eagles/Bears game will end in 2 hours

This is going to be an old fashion battle where the defenses are going to bring the pain!

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:29 pm

Blue&White wrote:So, reading about Antonio Brown makes me appreciate that the Giants have OBJ even more. Beckham is a headcase and is probably a pain in the ass to manage on a regular basis, but no one has accused him of quitting on the Giants. Making stupid decisions that cost the team due to penalties? Sure. Embarrassed the organization on several occasions? No doubt. Created needless friction in the locker room when things weren't going well? Absolutely. But, he always shows up to play. And ,this year when the Giants were collapsing he was one of the guys who publicly kept talking about winning out and how important it was to keep fighting. Sure, he's a douchebag but he ain't Antonio Brown.

Arrogant douchebag?.....sounds right. Brown's behavior is inexcusable. As a Steelers fan, I hope they can trade him. I'll assume that another NFL team will be happy to put up with his db antics....until they're not.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:46 pm

Robinson having an amazing night.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:49 pm

Holy crap! Congrats iggles fans.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:31 pm

Arrogant douchebag?.....sounds right. Brown's behavior is inexcusable. As a Steelers fan, I hope they can trade him. I'll assume that another NFL team will be happy to put up with his db antics....until they're not.

There is an old saying about gorgeous women: no matter how hot she is, somewhere there is a guy tired of putting up with her shit. I think that applies to douchebag athletes, too. It must as guys like that constantly get picked up by new teams. I guess when you can help a team win they are willing to overlook a lot of things.

But, what is it with the Steelers this year that no one wants to stick around? First Bell holds out and then Antonio Brown decides he doesn't feel like practicing. Seems like there is a lack of leadership there. As for the Eagles - they got seriously lucky there.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:34 pm

My victory yell was twofold! Once it hit the post I yelled and then I stopped yelling because I wasn't sure if it was going to bounce in off the 2nd hit! Great game! Onward Eagles!! Next weeks game will be interesting because we got killed by the Saints this year. The worst beatdown I have seen in a long time

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:46 pm

Holy Jesus. That was one crazy ass game.

The Legend of St. Nick continues to grow and grow.

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994