2018 NFL Season

psu_dad

Re: 2018 NFL Season

Postby psu_dad » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:08 pm

"I want everybody to know we have done extensive research in regards to this case, this player," Browns GM John Dorsey told reporters last month in explaining why the team signed Hunt. "He understands and takes full responsibility for the egregious act he committed. He is extremely remorseful for his actions."

Allow me to translate:

"We had a chance to score a really good player without giving anything up for him so we went for it". Which is fine. You didn't break any rules or laws in doing so. Just spare us the extensive research BS. It is what it is.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:14 pm

They got him dirt cheap, too. I didn't realize how cheap until I saw that the 8 game suspension will cost him just over $300,000. His total contract is for like $600,000 and change, plus some incentives. I imagine that team friendly deal was part of their "extensive research".

John Dorsey: hey, how much do you think we can sign Kareem Hunt for?
Head Researcher: Probably under a million bucks. Want me to further research that?
Dorsey: Absolutely! If we can sign him for that little, we absolutely should!
HR: Ok, I'll call his agent.
Baseball season!!!!

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:09 pm

I was surprised more teams didn't try to get him. You guys know how I feel about these chumps who beat on women so I won't go into that. But Hunt't kick on that woman was more like a WWE kick. I am pretty sure I kicked my sister that hard when we were 9 and 6 years old. Again, I am not saying what he did was okay but that kick was an afterthought.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:51 pm

So you would have gone with the "but I barely kicked her" defense. Interesting. As legal strategies go, I've honestly heard better. What about the fact that the only reason she was on the ground when he kicked her was because he put her on the ground? Is that the "I barely shoved her and she doesn't weigh much" defense? The combination of those two may not be enough to get it down.

It probably doesn't help that your client in this case had multiple assault accusations against him and multiple police investigations. To be fair, he has yet to be charged, but I think there is sufficient evidence to warrant the NFL getting into their "we have to do something!" mode.
Baseball season!!!!

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:10 pm

there are different degrees of assault brutha. You should know that

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:15 pm

Blue&White wrote:So you would have gone with the "but I barely kicked her" defense. Interesting. As legal strategies go, I've honestly heard better. What about the fact that the only reason she was on the ground when he kicked her was because he put her on the ground? Is that the "I barely shoved her and she doesn't weigh much" defense? The combination of those two may not be enough to get it down.

It probably doesn't help that your client in this case had multiple assault accusations against him and multiple police investigations. To be fair, he has yet to be charged, but I think there is sufficient evidence to warrant the NFL getting into their "we have to do something!" mode.

Didn't he shove his friend or run through his friend who was the one that ran into her resulting in her going to the ground?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:05 pm

You may want to watch the video again. It is true she is knocked down by someone else but that is because Hunt violently throws that guy out of the way to get to her. He is being physically restrained to keep him from taking a better shot at her. The video does not look good at all for him.

And, yes, there are degrees of assault. And that is absolutely relevant in a court of law when facing a criminal charge. But, we're not talking about a criminal charge here. The threshold of whether you should play football, and of public opinion in general, is much lower. You're talking about a guy with 3 potential assaults last year. I realize that the average American has like 6 assaults per a year, but we expect more from our professional athletes. And, sarcasm aside, if anyone on this board did what Hunt did in that video and our employer had a similar video you can bet we would be former employees.
Baseball season!!!!

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:59 pm

Blue&White wrote:You may want to watch the video again. It is true she is knocked down by someone else but that is because Hunt violently throws that guy out of the way to get to her. He is being physically restrained to keep him from taking a better shot at her. The video does not look good at all for him.

And, yes, there are degrees of assault. And that is absolutely relevant in a court of law when facing a criminal charge. But, we're not talking about a criminal charge here. The threshold of whether you should play football, and of public opinion in general, is much lower. You're talking about a guy with 3 potential assaults last year. I realize that the average American has like 6 assaults per a year, but we expect more from our professional athletes. And, sarcasm aside, if anyone on this board did what Hunt did in that video and our employer had a similar video you can bet we would be former employees.

A few things. Being restrained by someone means absolutely nothing IMO. He was pissed off. I will agree the video doesn't make him look bad but the NFL continues to show that they are in a circus in the way they punish people. Greg Hardy was suspended 4 games and what he did was way worse than this little altercation.

The Shove: You need to watch the video again. Some girl is holding Hunt as he comes flying out of the door. Hunt releases her and hits his friend who hits the girl who falls to the floor. Then, the infamous silly kick took place.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:59 pm

if anyone on this board did what Hunt did in that video and our employer had a similar video you can bet we would be former employees.

Forget what he did on that video. There's another video of him being interrogated by the police after the disturbance and he's shirtless. The police come by to talk to you and you don't put a shirt on? Talk about tacky. It's like a scene right out of Cops. That alone would get me fired.

Mrs psu_dad: Really? What about your bunny slippers?
Me: My bunny slippers rock.
Fire Alex Cora

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Greg Hardy was suspended 4 games and what he did was way worse than this little altercation

Agreed. The NFL makes this up as they go. They look like schmucks. Hell, they tried to give Brady 4 games for Ballghazi. Whether you think he's guilty or not, equating what Brady did in severity to what Hardy did is ridiculous.

I disagree with you on the severity of what Hardy did, but I do agree it makes little sense that he got a longer suspension than Hardy. But, so what? The key to avoiding any suspension is don't assault people. Again, there are 3 accusations just from 2018 and at least 2 were verified. Most people manage to get through a year without any assault accusations. And, that includes professional athletes. So, I'm not overly bothered that the NFL can't maintain consistency. I think they look foolish but I don't feel bad for the players.
Baseball season!!!!