It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:35 pm Advanced search

Former Players Thread

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Re: Former Players Thread

Postby Blue&White » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:06 pm

Here's something I did not know, Michael Robinson runs a website called The Real Robinson Report where he, among other things, interview current NFL players. I stumbled upon this while eating lunch and reading about the Jets and Rivas and whether they will trade him. The one article I saw gave MRob credit as the source for Rivas' comment he would be ok to go play in San Fran.

Mike is one of my all time favorite Lions and I'm glad to see he's doing things outside football that will maybe help his career when his playing days are over. 2013 will mark his 7th year in the NFL (wow, did that go quickly!) and he's either 30 or will be shortly. So, his playing career is probably coming to towards its natural end. I think I've read in the past he was hoping to have a career in media when he's done playing so hopefully this helps him get there.
Blue&White

Postby PennState03Chris » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Blue&White wrote:Here's something I did not know, Michael Robinson runs a website called The Real Robinson Report where he, among other things, interview current NFL players. I stumbled upon this while eating lunch and reading about the Jets and Rivas and whether they will trade him. The one article I saw gave MRob credit as the source for Rivas' comment he would be ok to go play in San Fran.

Mike is one of my all time favorite Lions and I'm glad to see he's doing things outside football that will maybe help his career when his playing days are over. 2013 will mark his 7th year in the NFL (wow, did that go quickly!) and he's either 30 or will be shortly. So, his playing career is probably coming to towards its natural end. I think I've read in the past he was hoping to have a career in media when he's done playing so hopefully this helps him get there.

MRob was on ESPN's horrible First Take show yesterday discussing the Revis interview, before Stephen A. Smith started to get on him about everyone at Penn State being a pedophile.

He was a communications major at PSU, and did "analysis" for the Blue White Game a year or two ago.
PennState03Chris

Postby LioninVa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:42 am

I would love to be a fly on the wall if MRob ever gets a private sit down with Smith. I imagine he would really take him to task for all he has said and/or alleged. Aside from that, If I ever hear Steven A Smith again, it will be too soon.
LioninVa

Postby LaVarLB11 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:55 am

I know this has been said in other places, but outside of Wilbon and Kornheiser, ESPN is just full of yellow journalism and sensationalism. I began reading this thread at the top of the page and when I read that MRob was on First Take, first thought unfortunately was either Skip or this case Steven A., began the Pedophile State Propaganda.

I have stumbled onto some of MRob's video essays on YouTube and his Real Robinson site, and always found him very insightful. One of my favorite video was the behind the scene look at the Coach K/JoePa show ESPN did.
LaVarLB11

Postby Blue&White » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:04 pm

Blue&White

Postby PennState03Chris » Tue May 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Video

Nice video of Jared Odrick training at Patrick Mauti's gym in Boca Raton - w/ Odrick repping the PSU gear and quoting JoePa.
PennState03Chris

Postby appoo » Wed May 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Matt McGloin signed a 3 year deal with the Oakland Raiders
appoo

Postby Blue&White » Thu May 16, 2013 8:49 am

WOW! Good for him.

The Raiders now have like a half-dozen QBs on the roster so he's got a tough battle in front of him to stay on the roster but glad for him that he at least has a chance to compete. When he played his last game at Penn State, I thought that was it for him. I figured maybe he could play arena football or maybe even in Canada but I gave him no chance at all in the NFL. He could still be gone before summer camps (I doubt he has any guaranteed money in his deal) but he now has an NFL contract. Shows how much I know, I guess. I wish him the very best of luck and, no matter what else happens, I hope he lasts longer than Pryor does!
Blue&White

Postby pennst92 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:17 am

Well...it is the Raiders. That said, the world's full of nay-sayers and haters, and I don't want to fall into that category. Best wishes to him - I will be rooting him on.
www.409club.net <= Join me in commemorating 60+ years of success with honor.
pennst92

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:00 pm

I somehow missed this when it happened mid May but Dan Connor signed with the Giants.
Blue&White

PreviousNext

Return to The Locker Room