It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:55 pm Advanced search

Sandusky and the aftermath thread

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Re: Sandusky and the aftermath thread

Postby LioninVa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:45 pm

So, ESPN's resident <sarcasm>Angry Black Man</sarcasm> Stephen A Smith went off on Baylor's ladies basketball coach over her "knock them in the face" comments. I haven't paid close attention to Baylor's issues these past few days, considering I have my own thigs going on, but I guess it's newsworthy.

Anyway, after making his point, he added “As far as I’m concerned, you’re damn near as bad as Jerry Sandusky!”

Oddly for me, the takeaway is that he didn't say Penn State or Joe Paterno. I hope that doesn't sound petty!
LioninVa

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:12 pm

I have no idea what he's talking about regarding Baylor but unless it involves the molesting of children it's a really poor comparison. For a guy who was so happy to harp on how the PSU community didn't "get it", he seems to have no problem diminishing the crimes of Sandusky by using them as a measuring stick for any slight affront to his delicate sensibilities.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby shane » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:58 am

I believe the Baylor thing is that some players were accused of sexual misconduct and it appears the school and officials swept it under the rug. Now there's more to it, but that's a synopsis. Over the weekend, Baylor's women's basketball coach made a speech to the crowd at a game that if anyone tells you they won't send their daughter to Baylor due to these issues, you "should punch them in the mouth".
shane

Postby Blue&White » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:12 am

Yep, that's exactly like the molesting of dozens of kids over decades. It's virtually the same thing. How could I have not realized that instantly?

Seriously, Smith is a full fledge douchebag. He should get roasted over that.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby shane » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Actually, Smith isn't getting roasted, most of the talking heads I've heard are of the opinion that the Baylor coach was the one in the wrong (by a wide margin). Now I will say, I haven't heard anyone else compare it to Sandusky, but the coach has been getting roasted in the media for her comments.
shane

Postby Blue&White » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Her comment was pretty stupid but to compare it to a serial child molester diminishes what Sandusky did. And, I'm not surprised he's not being called out for his comments. There is no ratings to be had or money to be made by pointing out what an asshat this guy is.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby LioninVa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:51 pm

So Curley and Shultz entered guilty pleas on a misdemeanor charge of child endangerment but Spanier has not. I smell a plea deal here...
LioninVa

Postby Blue&White » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:16 pm

That's pretty blatantly a plea deal. A misdemeanor doesn't result in jail time and probably doesn't stay on their record. So, they stop running up legal fees and the whole thing goes away for them. I have no idea if that is a good result or not, but, after 5 1/2 years, I guess it's a result.

Curious to see what the hold up is on Spanier.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby LioninVa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:42 pm

On of the sites I get said they were going to testify against Spanier in the headline but there was nothing in the brief story to claim or support that.
LioninVa

Postby Blue&White » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Nothing in this saga would shock me at this point, but the idea that the guys who ostensibly did nothing about this are now going to testify against their former boss - who had no direct knowledge of anything and relied on Schultz and Curley for his information - is ludicrous. Unless, of course, they ran to him and said "Sandusky is molesting children on campus" and he told them not to tell anyone and they would be fired if they did, how is he more accountable than they are?

Maybe I'm just missing something. Wouldn't be the first time.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

PreviousNext

Return to The Locker Room