It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:24 pm Advanced search

Sandusky and the aftermath thread

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Re: Sandusky and the aftermath thread

Postby gmay10 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:55 pm

It is sickening how long this is taking. This should have been dealt with years ago!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:49 pm

I completely agree gmay, long been done and over with. This is a festering wound that won't heal because every time things simmer down a bit another "news flash" occurs ripping the scab off and we begin over again with all the acrimony from around the nation, all the experts chiming in again, the all knowing talking heads damning Joe and not getting to the crux of it at all.

Get this trial over and what ever aftermath will follow and finish the legal proceedings finally at least as much as can be finished.
Carl Spackler

Postby Blue&White » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:55 pm

It sounds like for Schultz and Curley it is over.

But, I agree it's a travesty. If they really did what they are accused of, a misdemeanor after a plea is hardly fitting. And, if they are not, then having to plead to anything is ridiculous (although very common). I suspect that the truth is somewhere in between and they probably did do wrong although whether or not it was criminally wrong is, I guess, debatable.

But, the time it took is nuts. Justice is not served this way at all.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby reincarnatedlama » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:58 am

We will never know the truth and for the majority of us this tragedy will not stop being a discussion topic during our lifetime. And it shouldn't - it should be a case study in the monumental failure of management to act and the severe consequences which come as a result.
The story will bubble up whenever the football team has success, whenever any of the primary or auxiliary characters make the news for any reason.

And I will be absolutely stunned if this doesn't end up as an ESPN 30/30 documentary.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby reincarnatedlama » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:15 pm

I guess one good thing about the insanity of the Trump administration is at least it reduces the hysteria around these periodic bubble ups and shortens the news cycle on them.

But reading more about it Schultz and Curley are still facing up to 5 years but it appears they may have flipped and Spanier may be the bigger target. This is pure speculation but if the DA was willing to plead Curley and Schultz down to get Spanier he may have had a bigger hand in "keeping things internal" than has been disclosed.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Blue&White » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:58 pm

I was just reading about this and the potential for 5 years. I'm interested to see what the case is against Spanier given that he really was the furthest removed from this. How can he be more culpable than Schultz? It makes no sense.

Perhaps he made the mistake of being the last guy to cut a deal. I never practiced any criminal law but from what I see on Law and Order it seems the guy who holds out the longest gets it the worst. The lesson I learned from TV is ALWAYS snitch on your accomplices as quickly as you can. Dont' be the 2nd guy to jump ship and tell. You want to be that first guy because he always seems to get the best deal.

I'm taking no chances with this. I get pulled over for speeding and I'm offering up all of you in exchange for immunity.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Snitches get stitches! Those 2 better be careful :D
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:57 am

Is that what you're teaching the third graders? Nice.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby LioninVa » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:29 am

I would love to know what they got for a deal as they have spent the past 5 years or so maintaining their innocence. Suddenly they agree that they lies under oath (perjury) and enabled a pedophile; those are serious black marks on a resume or reputation. It has to be a sweet deal...
LioninVa

Postby Blue&White » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:01 am

It's a misdemeanor which is not nearly as big a deal as felony conviction. And, I seriously doubt they plead guilty, testify and then still end up with 5 years in prison.

I just can't believe that Spanier is now the big target here. This is 5 years after an indictment that stems from an incident that was 10 years prior .15 years is a long time to ask people to remember things accurately. Human memory is a very unreliable thing. Especially with people who have been pressured like they have.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

PreviousNext

Return to The Locker Room