It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 2:59 pm Advanced search

Locker Room Random Thoughts

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Re: Locker Room Random Thoughts

Postby SouthernLion » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:09 pm

Blue&White wrote:I'll never be ok with how O'Brien left but he deserves a lot of credit for keeping the whole thing together. Franklin finally showed what he can do this past year, but credit for their being a PSU football goes to Bill O'Brien and the senior players he inherited when he came on. All those guys should have their names up in Beaver Stadium.

If they ever decide to add on to the Beaver Stadium name (i.e., _______ Field at Beaver Stadium), somehow that class of 2012 ought to be considered. Not really sure how it would be done though. Bo'B's two years aren't nearly enough to be up there, plus that would be an unnecessary jab at Joe. Joe's still way too un-PC for his name to realistically be there (although I'd be OK with it - he built the damn program after all). "Players Field" maybe? That at least would be testament to all the guys over the decades that absorbed the blows to make PSU football what it is today.
SouthernLion

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Players Field.

I like it. I like it a lot.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby reincarnatedlama » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Don't get your hopes up too high - given the trends these days the naming rights may go to the highest bidder so brace yourself for Scheetz Stadium.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:57 pm

I don't have hopes, and my expectation is that people and institutions will milk every last penny out of every endeavor they can. So, Sheetz Stadium, or something similar, wouldn't surprise me at all.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby pennst92 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:59 pm

I love 'Player's Field' - that'd be a great way to honor the teams past and present.
A good team has to have players capable of making plays...oh, wait - we're so there!
pennst92

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Agree with the above. Wish there was a special way to give tribute to "those who remained", stayed the course despite the temptations to leave for greener pastures while abandoning a sinking ship. But, it wasn't the Titanic after all! Those who remained, encouraged by Bob's gathering of former players for the meeting that sealed it,(there is the players theme) stopped the wound and began the turnaround unanticipated by Emmert's disguised death penalty.

I wish someone had a tape of what Millen said to close that players meeting. From everything I've head it brought down the house. Joe would have been proud.
Carl Spackler

Postby LioninVa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:07 pm

Maybe put some kind of plaque in the student section endzone to commemorate those that stayed?
LioninVa

Previous

Return to The Locker Room