It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:00 am Advanced search

You know you're in a bad bowl when.....

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Re: You know you're in a bad bowl when.....

Postby LioninVa » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:46 am

The Popeye's Bahamas' Bowl was the game I was talking about last week. I may watch it because Old Dominion is just a few miles from my house and the region is somewhat excited about the team. The moved up to whatever the hell Div I is now called a few years ago and have been decent. Not anything close to Power 5, but they gave Pitt a scare a few years ago.

Anyway, they accepted to bid to this the week before the conference championship games because they had to get equipment shipped to the stadium and passports for the team processed. An article in the Virginia Pilot said that the school is making less than $5K after all is said an done, and that is only because the conference helps to subsidize the teams bowl trips...
LioninVa

Postby hbendle » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:06 am

All the Seniors sit out to prepare for entering the normal workforce.
hbendle

Postby psu_dad » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:18 pm

An article in the Virginia Pilot said that the school is making less than $5K after all is said an done

Well, that's better than Colorado State's bottom line for the Potato Bowl. They budgeted $650K for the trip. Their conference will only reimburse them up to $525K in bowl expenses. They hoped to make up the difference though sales of their allotted tickets, but they sold just 445. So unless they sold them for $300 a piece, which seems unlikely, they're not going to make a nickel.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:32 pm

You forgot to deduct the value of a year's supply of free potatoes. Only if they win.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:10 pm

I actually love Idaho Potatoes. You can have all the others. My wife made a quiche the other night and I made some of my World Famous Home Fries, sauteed to golden/brown perfection in extra virgin olive oil and fresh garlic.

Mrs psu_dad: How come everything you make is World Famous?
Me: It just is.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Previous

Return to The Locker Room