It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:55 pm Advanced search

Other College Football Games

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Re: Other College Football Games

Postby psu_dad » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:01 am

did anyone else see this coming?

Actually, yes. He got crucified by the faculty and several student groups for defending his suspended football players. And I seriously doubt the school's administration was pleased with his public stance.

When the graphic details of the incident emerged, I figured he was probably toast. He was just a career assistant who got the job (last year?) when the previous HC had to retire for health reasons. He wasn't irreplaceable enough to survive the political sh*t storm.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:38 am

Yeah, I agree with dad. I'd have been more surprised if he survived. It would be one thing if he came in and won his division and got to the B10 title game. But, a 9 - 4 record, while pretty good for that team, isn't enough to survive the public humiliation the school just went through. His public stance didn't help, but he was probably toast the minute that went public.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:36 pm

So the (very) early rankings are out and surprise, surprise, Florida State and Alabama are 1 and 2. The interesting thing is that they play each other the opening weekend of the 2017 season.
Shore Lion

Previous

Return to The Locker Room