I, too, thought about getting tickets to last night's game. Even took a look at StubHub late yesterday afternoon.
Made the wise choice of staying home.
- Can't believe how bad Rutgers looked. We weren't anything to write home about, but I'm pretty sure Don Bosco, Paramus Catholic, etc., could give this Rutgers team a run for its money. UM, OSU, MSU and PSU all shut out Rutgers this season. They had 87 yards on the night. 87. 8. 7. Despite only being up 9-0 at the half, I never had any doubt about which team would win.
- The crowd last night was embarrassing. This is senior night against your bitter, hated rival, and I could literally count the hats left in the seats come early in the 4th quarter. It doesn't help that the place wasn't close to being filled at kick, and they made no noise to speak of, even when they could have taken the lead with a single TD.
- Trace was... bad... last night. He's made some highly questionable throws against both Indiana and Rutgers. Doesn't help that I continue to be unimpressed with our WR core. They are still unable to get separation. I don't know if that is scheme, technique, talent, or a combo.
- We heard preseason that this offense would run tempo, with fast, faster and fastest speeds. Interesting that we've hardly run any tempo this season.
- Sounds like McGovern will be back next week, and could have played last night should the situation have warranted it. Mahon seems like a longshot to get back.
- Matt Millen is the worst analyst on television. In any sport. Literally half of what comes out of his mouth is just made up on the spot and untrue because he doesn't know what else to say.
- I sure hope we can smack Sparty around on Saturday, and that the crowd will be what it should be considering what's on the line.