It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 3:09 pm Advanced search

Rouge Knights in game

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Re: Rouge Knights in game

Postby Nat@PSU » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:08 am

Man, Rutgers really really stinks.
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this clown.
:May the reign of our Dear Leader be short and inconsequential, much like his fingers."
Nat@PSU

Location: The Dystopia that used to be known as the United States of America

Postby Nat@PSU » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:09 am

With regards to Allen, if you saw his mouth and how he reacted to Franklin I'd be surprised if most of those theatrics didn't surround being angry about being #4 on the depth chart. He was screaming "that's what I can f#$&ing do".

Embarrassing display of look at me look at me.
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this clown.
:May the reign of our Dear Leader be short and inconsequential, much like his fingers."
Nat@PSU

Location: The Dystopia that used to be known as the United States of America

Postby tempe » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:13 am

geesh - I feel bad for rutgers. Bad, cold, snow...just let them go home.
tempe

Postby underlion » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:15 am

That is the way to get more playing time. Did he play the next series? Think Sanders got the rest.
underlion

Postby gmay10 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:59 am

Nat@PSU wrote:I know Allen is probably very frustrated by his lack of PT and touches but his display of unsportsmanlike behavior after that TD was embarrassingly. I wouldn't mind seeing a JoePawsque talking to to that young man.

I think JF was arguing that Allen was on the sidelines when he took off his helmet. I agree with Franklin. I agree that is not what you want to see at times that is where college football is today. This is where JoePa struggled at times. These kids are all ME and we have to understand that. You can be all ME but understand that your action have consequences. I guess Allen will learn a lesson from the penalty because it doesn't matter what I think- he was flagged.

I know this is the Knights thread but if OSU beats MU next weekend we are going to go to the Rose bowl (if we win out) and OSU will be going to the championship series.
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:05 am

Allen made a fool of himself, but remember these are kids. He got caught up in the moment. Hopefully it's a teaching moment and he learns from it.

Anyway, that was a little tougher than the scoreboard would lead you to believe. Rutgers has no offense at all. If they did, that could have been a game. We need to be better next week.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:23 am

Hopefully it's a teaching moment

He needs to be taught not to act like a horse's ass on national TV. Seriously? He didn't grasp that he was playing in garbage time against a dreadful and thoroughly beaten opponent?

That was cringe-worthy.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby pennst92 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:15 am

Michigan State's finally getting better. Have our work cut out for us next week.
A good team has to have players capable of making plays...oh, wait - we're so there!
pennst92

Postby PennState03Chris » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:15 pm

I, too, thought about getting tickets to last night's game. Even took a look at StubHub late yesterday afternoon.

Made the wise choice of staying home.

- Can't believe how bad Rutgers looked. We weren't anything to write home about, but I'm pretty sure Don Bosco, Paramus Catholic, etc., could give this Rutgers team a run for its money. UM, OSU, MSU and PSU all shut out Rutgers this season. They had 87 yards on the night. 87. 8. 7. Despite only being up 9-0 at the half, I never had any doubt about which team would win.

- The crowd last night was embarrassing. This is senior night against your bitter, hated rival, and I could literally count the hats left in the seats come early in the 4th quarter. It doesn't help that the place wasn't close to being filled at kick, and they made no noise to speak of, even when they could have taken the lead with a single TD.

- Trace was... bad... last night. He's made some highly questionable throws against both Indiana and Rutgers. Doesn't help that I continue to be unimpressed with our WR core. They are still unable to get separation. I don't know if that is scheme, technique, talent, or a combo.

- We heard preseason that this offense would run tempo, with fast, faster and fastest speeds. Interesting that we've hardly run any tempo this season.

- Sounds like McGovern will be back next week, and could have played last night should the situation have warranted it. Mahon seems like a longshot to get back.

- Matt Millen is the worst analyst on television. In any sport. Literally half of what comes out of his mouth is just made up on the spot and untrue because he doesn't know what else to say.

- I sure hope we can smack Sparty around on Saturday, and that the crowd will be what it should be considering what's on the line.
PennState03Chris

Previous

Return to The Locker Room