It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:03 pm Advanced search

Let it begin....Sparty Week!

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Re: Let it begin....Sparty Week!

Postby underlion » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:14 pm

We Are... wrote:This just in:
Added to my Christmas list:
"I want to see Joe Julius lined up in the backfield for a late Forth and inches, no lead blockers and him barrel into the end-zone knocking at least 5 players over"

Ahh...poetic justice...

No fake the handoff to him and toss the ball to a wide open TE as Julius flattens a safety. And James just smiles at the after game hand shake.
underlion

Postby tempe » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:19 pm

my question is - which Ohio State did Sparty play? Going for two was not so smart - and who knows what would have happened in a tie game. Also, which Ohio State did we play? How good is Ohio? The Sparty game worries me a lot, but the Iowa game worried me also - and look what Iowa did against Mich. So I am all a muddle as to all these teams' ability. I think having a home game is a great advantage and might make all the difference. But our O-line could also make all the difference. Barkley has been bottled up the last few games. I think he is a bit worn down also. I think if Moorhead can not find a way to break Barkley out, we are in trouble. State will have to have an 'A' passing game if we can not run.
tempe

Postby We Are... » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:14 am

I have gone back and read (taking it all with a grain of salt - so you all don't think I am bathed in kool-aid) the quotes and feelings of the players leading into Saturday's game. It strikes me as a very different tone than you would expect. While they are, for the most part, excited - it came across that they were collectively calm and reflective. I think this team has true sense of who they are. They aren't reacting to the hype or media blitz (some of that credit goes to the coaching staff for not buying into it and projecting it upon the players). This team has a very workman like mentality and settles issues on the field.
This group is excited for Saturday not for the same reasons the fan base is...for them, this just another step into what they saw from the beginning...they have work to do and Sat at 3:30 they will punch the clock and get to it. At the top of that time-card is one phrase:
Michigan St., Michigan St., Michigan St.
There are no excuses except those you make for yourself
We Are...

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:33 am

This is a much bigger game for PSU than it is for MSU. MSU had their senior week last Saturday and came close to beating OSU, only to fall short. That had to take a lot of wind out of their collective sails. It's a road game when they would probably rather be home for Thanksgiving. They aren't playing for that much, maybe a better bowl placement. PSU, on the other hand, is home, hopefully in front of a good crowd, with a shot at the title fight on the line. Barclay just got stiffed on consideration for the Doak Walker award, which probably leaves a sour taste for him and the line. Just the emotional difference between the two teams should have an impact. From what I read, they have very similar injury issues on their offensive front. PSU, on paper, is a better team. I think our kids are going to be pumped and MSU is more likely to be flat.

Anything can happen on a football Saturday but I think PSU wins this and it's not as nearly as close as I fear it will be.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby We Are... » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:37 am

Just an FYI - Michigan St is playing for any bowl consideration...and I agree this PSU team is going to play loose and on defense with reckless abandon! I am not looking for an easy game but rather a game where you see us play with passion and purpose!
We Are...

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:43 am

I don't know why but everytime B&W writes "Barclay" instead of Barkley it makes me giggle. Hey, maybe he reads this message board and gets some extra motiviation: "fool can't even spell my name right!"
Shore Lion

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:45 am

I don't know why but everytime B&W writes "Barclay" instead of Barkley it makes me giggle. Hey, maybe he reads this message board and gets some extra motiviation: "fool can't even spell my name right!"

:oops:

I write it Barclay because, like the bank, he's money!

Sure, let's go with that ...... :o
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby We Are... » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:48 am

In B&W's defense, here is what I think he is referring to when he mentions Barkley as Barclay...
"Barclays has always been driven by strong values and the ultimate goal of helping our clients and customers achieve their ambitions in the right way."

That refers to success with honor and is a direct correlation to PSU values and achievement on and off the football field.
OR...he just misspelled his name...
We Are...

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:53 am

But it does appear that BDub has Heart. :D
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:20 pm

OR...he just misspelled his name...

Probably best to go with that one. Comparing him to a bunch of scumbags who ripped off their customers and manipulated world markets is probably not a flattering comparison.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

PreviousNext

Return to The Locker Room