It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:34 pm Advanced search

Let it begin....Sparty Week!

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Let it begin....Sparty Week!

Postby SouthernLion » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:32 am

This is the most exciting week for PSU fans in a long, long time. I still can't really believe we're in this situation, but win or lose it sure is fun to be here.

Go Lions!
SouthernLion

Re: Let it begin....Sparty Week!

Postby We Are... » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:47 am

This is a game we all have been longing for but few thought possible. The good thing about that statement is that this team was expecting it and have prepared for it. I know you can't prepare for the injuries, however - they control the tangibles and will play this game with emotion and yes, HEART!
Those kids and coaches haven't forgotten what happened last year and more over they have remained focused on what they can control. It's Michigan St week and that is all that matters. We get the luxury of speculating on how this game will effect their post season but they will remain focused on one task - beat Michigan State!
Emotions will be running thorough the roof and it may be hard to keep them in check at first but I think we see a very focused and aggressive PSU team on Sat. This is not our last game but I have a feeling that they might play like it is. Call it a hunch, but I just have that odd inkling that we play our best and most complete game of the season.
This team deserves any and all that is coming...I for one am very proud to say WE ARE...
There are no excuses except those you make for yourself
We Are...

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:07 am

Despite the score, we did not look great against an awful Rutgers team. Maybe it was the weather as it was cold, wet and the wind was fierce. But, maybe all the injuries are starting to take their toll. We have lost a lot of guys on the offensive front.

This is going to be a tough game. I have no idea what to expect. I'm not making a prediction. I just hope that the kids go out and play the best that they can. Don't make stupid mistakes, don't self destruct. Play your best game and let the chips fall where they fall.

I'm glad it's Thanksgiving this week because if I had nothing else to focus on between now and Saturday, it would be a miserably long week.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:28 am

PSU did exactly what they needed to at Rutgers. They've been riding high for almost 2 months now. Playing a winless BIG team in those conditions with a fairly empty stadium just lends itself to not being "up" for the game. And PSU still covered the spread by 13. I'm not concerned about the performance there at all.

Michigan State is still a good team with talent. Almost all of their losses have been within a score. But Frankling and company have done an excellent job keeping this team focused. I hope with the students out of school and the holiday that there is still a good crowd. Even if Michigan beats OSU this team is still playing for their 10th win. That's a possibility that was unfathomable to most here (and elsewhere) just 2 months ago. What a season this has been.
Shore Lion

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:32 am

I hope with the students out of school and the holiday that there is still a good crowd.

For some reason I had it in my head that this game was an away game. I don't know why, but I was sure it was in East Lansing. And, I saw your comment and thought "hmmmm......" and checked.

Imagine my happy surprise to find out it's home.

Ok, I feel a lot better about this coming Saturday.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby We Are... » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:37 am

The stadium will be rockin' come Sat. I would not be at all surprised if both students and alumni make an "unexpected" trip to Happy Valley post Thanksgiving! This is going to be a great atmosphere and one heck of a game!
There are no excuses except those you make for yourself
We Are...

Postby LioninVa » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:27 am

Big Week! JF was calling everyone out, lettermen and alumni as well as the students before the team even returned to Happy Valley.

I know it was only 9-0 at the half, but could easily have been 28-0 the way it was going. In the end, we got a pretty decent final score and shut out. We are favored to win at this point, and I expect the James Franklin Hype Machine to get into an even higher gear to generate excitement with the Faithful while telling us little to nothing about the team and game plan. I hope to see a full house (from the comfort of my home) that is loud and exciting. Even if our role in the B1G is determined prior to kickoff, and I don't think it will be, the team will be jacked up!

All they have to do is play hard and smart. They have been trending in that direction.
LioninVa

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:09 pm

PennLive reported today that McGovern could have played at Rutgers, but JF wanted to give him extra time because, well, it was Rutgers. His services will be needed Saturday against Sparty. No word on Mahon. YoungMad wants to go, but I don't relish sitting in a cold Beaver Stadium in Late November....especially with a 3:30 start.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby NittWit » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:15 pm

All comes down to o-line. M. State has some serious d-lineman, including one who is probably first round NFL draft pick. If we prevent him (them) from wrecking the game, I feel really good about our chances...
NittWit

Postby SouthernLion » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:46 pm

PittGradPSUMad wrote: YoungMad wants to go, but I don't relish sitting in a cold Beaver Stadium in Late November....especially with a 3:30 start.

Go for it. This could be one of those days that YM will remember fondly long after you're gone....
SouthernLion

Next

Return to The Locker Room