It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:57 am Advanced search

mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Re: mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

Postby bloomengineer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:28 pm

To quote "some old guy"...

"You're never as good as you think you are when you win; and you're never as bad as you feel when you lose."

I think that applies to coaches as well. Put a few more really good seasons together and we can pronounce CJF as a winner and a really good coach. Three seasons (2 mediocre and 1 good) is not enough data to call the election in one direction or another. We haven't played a national power school outside of our conference and won. This season may just be one of those seasons where the players are greater than a sum of their parts. But I do have hope again!
bloomengineer

Re: mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:09 am

I was not negative on Coach Franklin, thought he might be a bit too loyal to underperforming assts but he proved me wrong, I did not EVER expect to witness this performance. Wow, unexpected as I still felt that sanctions were going to impact the team's on field performance until next season at the least. I was wrong about that and am pleased to admit it. What a wonderful story of a staff putting together the right pieces in the right manner to attain superior performance.

A bit like the late 1960's. New coach, changes, mediocre first season, good second season and then bang, consecutive undefeated seasons. Who knows?
Carl Spackler

Previous

Return to The Locker Room