It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 12:09 pm Advanced search

Good Morning, Champions: Penn State Edition

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Good Morning, Champions: Penn State Edition

Postby pennst92 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:20 am

Well, media coverage leaning heavily for Wash & the Buckeyes. David Jones thinks USC in the Rose Bowl - a good matchup, they're playing well. Still, a bit of a bitter pill. I personally think that the Buckeyes should be odd man out. Delaney stumping for them pre-BiG title game didn't help (which was a big reason for the boos).

Still, gonna enjoy the afterglow of this season, a season that began with hopes for a bowl bid and 7 wins for many. A helluva ride: the Pitt game which presaged 2nd halfs to come. The nadir in Michigan. Barkley's scamper against Minny. The upset during the White Out vs. OSU. The drubbing of Iowa - the revenge against Sparty - finally, the comeback against Wisky, with a critical 4th down play made by Grant Haley (who made arguably the two most important plays late in the season).

It'll be a season I'll never forget. We Are!
A good team has to have players capable of making plays...oh, wait - we're so there!
pennst92

Re: Good Morning, Champions: Penn State Edition

Postby Blue&White » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:50 am

Was out last night and finished watching 5 minutes ago. I'm just speechless and drained and thrilled. It's been a very, very long time since watching a bunch of 18 - 22 year old kids run around and play football has had this kind of impact on me

In just over 2 hours they announce who is going to the playoffs and I honestly don't care. These kids are champions no matter what. They should absolutely be in over Washington, who played a bunch of really awful out of conference games and even let Rutgers put 13 up on them, and OSU, who we beat head-to-head. But, there is nothing we can do about it and the system is totally subjective. Whatever happens, happens.

But, these kids deserve to be there. They earned it. No subjective opinion, regardless of the outcome, will ever change that.

WE ARE!
PENN STATE!
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby pennst92 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:13 pm

Agreed, BW - now that the results are in, I'm not surprised. I am only disappointed insofar as the team doesn't get a chance to play on that stage. That said, the theme for next year's team should be 'demand respect' - and they should play with a chip on their shoulder for the whole season.

We are!!!
A good team has to have players capable of making plays...oh, wait - we're so there!
pennst92

Postby gmay10 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:47 pm

These kids are champions of the Big 10 and that is it. See Tennessee coach:
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/21/13706210/butch-jones-tennessee-football-life-championship
Sorry, had to post that
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:09 pm

gmay10 wrote:These kids are champions of the Big 10 and that is it. See Tennessee coach:
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/21/13706210/butch-jones-tennessee-football-life-championship
Sorry, had to post that

I suppose he is serious, right? He should be an immediate inclusion to the College Football Playoff Committee. He meets their excuse of the week factor. Let's see, what can we say to keep PSU out of the playoff this week, darn it, they keep winning.

OSU, can't win thier divison, can't even earn the right to play in their own conference championship game BUT their resume championship puts them in the playoff.......because of tradition....... Is there a tatoo factor?

Anytime a committee decides which team is deserving of inclusion is a guarantee of failure as the crieteria appears to vacilate as the season progresses.

The nice thing to consider is that the Lions should be a very good to great team for the forseeable future. We are ready to reload.
Carl Spackler

Postby pennst92 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:18 am

Yeah - next year is a big opportunity for the program. Love that we have so many kids coming back.
pennst92

Postby Nittany Flier » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:51 pm

If this team could start to put two halves together, they could be scary good.
Still Penn State Proud
Nittany Flier

Postby pennst92 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:57 pm

If James Franklin would stop going for it on 4th and 6 at the 50 yard line in the first half and realize that field position matters, we'd be scary good.

I suspect a lot of those decisions were to show the lads he was confident in them, but I really hope he reins in those impulses next year...that's really my only pet peeve this year.
pennst92

Return to The Locker Room