It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:44 pm Advanced search

Official "WE ARE" going to the Rose Bowl thread

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Official "WE ARE" going to the Rose Bowl thread

Postby Blue&White » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:47 am

I know not everyone is on board with this, but I can't wait for this game. It has been far too long since I was amped about a PSU bowl game almost a month before. I love that the Championship game we just played means our layoff won't be as long as usual. I also hope the team gets really healthy.

Last time we played USC we were both very different programs with very different coaching staffs. But, it's still USC. I am looking forward to this. We have so many weapons on offense that, if our line is mostly healthy, we can put some points up on anyone. And, with our defense healthy we should be able to shut them down.

I'm looking for a big PSU win here right in USC's backyard. 2016 was not a great year for so many reason. I'm looking forward to a fantastic 2017 that is going to start right off with a big PSU victory.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Re: Official "WE ARE" going to the Rose Bowl thread

Postby We Are... » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:28 pm

USC...USC...USC. We have one more job to do. Time to punch that clock one more time...this team remains focused at the task at hand and will play that way come Jan. 2nd.
I was disappointed like everyone else on Sun. when we were left out...but oddly enough, that disappointment lasted only a few minutes. WE ARE...BIG10 Champions and playing in the Rose Bowl against a very good USC team. We are light years ahead of where anyone but the team thought we would be. PSU has proven, as a team and a community, that anything possible if you work hard and refuse to quit. It is almost indescribable the pride that I feel for this program. I yell WE ARE...every chance I get...and I always get the reply...PENN STATE!!!
What a special year and it isn't over yet folks!
Yes, Virginia...this team has HEART!
There are no excuses except those you make for yourself
We Are...

Postby psu_dad » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:34 pm

"I don't give a poop." - Nat

Mrs psu_dad: Knock it off.
Me: Fine.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:17 pm

Poo is so, like so, like 1950's man.

Defication is the new cool word. Rimes with Jim Delaney, in my world.
Carl Spackler

Postby reincarnatedlama » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:51 pm

I thought we had officially changed nf.com lexicon for all slang terms for a bowel movement to be retired and replaced with the term Emmert?

So Dad's post should have read "I don't give an Emmert"
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Nat@PSU » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:56 pm

I am having a hard time getting excited for this game. In 2008 when we won the Big10, I was stoked for a Rose Bowl birth against USC. Knew it would be a monumental task with tons of upside.

I don't see much upside from this game. I've already seen articles entitled "CFP Also-ran PSU slated for Rose Bowl" and it's like a gut punch.

The only real possible positive is us beating the hell out of the Trojans (possible but unlikely) and Washington getting annihilated by Bama (possible and likely). It just seems again, one team gets the benefit of the doubt while we take one to the chops. I hate that our rivals (OSU and all 7 fans that care about Pitt) get to gloat that they got one over on PSU. Even when we beat the Buckeyes we lose. Ugh, it's so damn depressing.
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this clown.
:May the reign of our Dear Leader be short and inconsequential, much like his fingers."
Nat@PSU

Location: The Dystopia that used to be known as the United States of America

Postby We Are... » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:10 pm

Nat,
Some satisfaction will come when Alabama beats OSU like a drum. Up and down the field - this way and that! 2nd and 3rd team players getting to score on a team that couldn't win their own division...Watching theOSU implode as they do when faced with any adversity - oh yes, Bama will not let up.
The one good thing that may come out of all this...is that the CFP may (and I say MAY) see that a brand name doesn't win football games. It will be a total embarrassment for the CFP committee if and when theOSU gets killed.
I know I am bias (and this is pure speculation) but the only team that I see having a chance to beat Alabama would have been PSU. Why? Because there isn't one other team that wouldn't quit when behind by 3 scores. PSU is the only team left in the top 10 that has been there and battled back. I am not saying we would have won, but I guarantee you that we would not quit. Mark my words theOSU will pack it in when they get 3 scores down.
We need to treat USC like the last game on the schedule and play our game.
There are no excuses except those you make for yourself
We Are...

Postby SouthernLion » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:58 pm

I think Saban's got some payback in his pocket for Urban from the 2014 embarrassment. And OSU just doesn't have the horses that Bama has, this year at least. As for our game, I'll be very excited about it after Christmas is passed...I've watched the BTN 60-minute version of our game a couple of times, probably have a couple more of those left in me. :D
SouthernLion

Postby LioninVa » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:07 am

I'm looking forward to the Rose Bowl as I think it will be a better game than if we were playing Bama. Not that this team might not be competitive against the Tide, because we have learned that all bets are off, but I believe we go in (again) with a chip on our shoulder after the perceived snub by the committee.

I agree with Southern, I could watch the 60 minute replay of the game over and over. IT only takes an hour and you don't have to listen to those buffoons who called the game!
LioninVa

Postby psu_dad » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:09 am

Beating USC is not going to be easy. They might be the best team in the PAC-10 right now. They had a season like Penn State, with a slow start (1-3). But they won their last 8, only one was close, and that included wins over both teams that ended up in the PAC-10 championship game.

I expect USC to be favored.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Next

Return to The Locker Room