It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 2:53 pm Advanced search

Rose Bowl Pre-Game Week

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Re: Rose Bowl Pre-Game Week

Postby Blue&White » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:09 pm

I get it. I'd just like confirmation that something happened and they are out. If they are, I trust Franklin did the right thing. Taking out players before a big game is not an easy decision. I assume coaches don't do that capriciously. And, if true, then I'm pleased that Franklin isn't willing to just sweep things under. It couldn't have been anything too bad or it would have made the local news or blogs. So, if they broke some team rule and he punished them, then good for him. That's an important life lesson.

James Franklin may turn out to be a "Penn State guy" after all. It's more than wins and losses. It's also being willing to risk a loss to do the right thing. That was Joe's way and why I find it tough to believe he made a deliberate decision to cover for Sandusky to protect the team. Just too inconsistent with his lifetime of behavior.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:31 pm

It's definite that some players have been suspended. Franklin announced that yesterday when he met the press in California. He didn't name names but from other reports there are some names trickling out.
Shore Lion

Postby SouthernLion » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:38 pm

psu_dad wrote:While we're on the subject, what sadistic bastard invented mincemeat pie? I'm guessing anything that inedible has to be British in origin. Probably the same guy who invented blood (AKA black) pudding.

Dad. My wife co-opted my late aunt's Pa Dutch mincemeat pie recipe and makes it for me every year for the holidays. Nuke a piece for 20 seconds and slather it with a few scoops of Breyer's Natural Vanilla. Nirvana for breakfast every day after Christmas until it's gone.
SouthernLion

Postby psu_dad » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:07 pm

Must be the difference between home made and store bought. People joke about fruit cake, but my late mother made a spectacular fruit cake every Christmas. She used pecans, raisins and canned fruit (not candied fruit) and a bit of rum. The cake was sweet and incredibly moist, unlike the bricks you see in the supermarket.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby SouthernLion » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:18 pm

That's it exactly. I've never had a storebought mince pie that was edible. My wife's recipe is probably 60-70 yrs old (maybe older, dunno) & combines ground beef, raisins, apples, sugar and copious amounts of RUM in the tastiest way possible. Takes her a day and a half to properly make it.
SouthernLion

Postby psu_dad » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:38 pm

My biggest concern is we continue to have ssssslllllooooowwww starts!

That might be a problem in this game. I believe USC led at halftime every week during their 8-game win streak. And they (obviously) didn't blow those leads. My sense watching them is that they're front-runners. Some teams get conservative with a lead, but they get amp'd up when they get a lead.

Not to mention, their opponents are subjected to that annoying fight song. And they don't tone it done if they start to pull away, they ratchet it up. After every friggin first down ... DA-DA ... DA-DA-DA-DA. Like a symbolic eff you to their opponent. I attended a USC-ASU game several years ago and by the 4th quarter I wanted to puncture my ear drums. To this day, the very sound of that song makes me want to vomit.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:43 pm

Hearing that the suspensions include some of the LB's that play a lot. Practice is open to the media for a bit today so we should know more later.
Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:16 pm

A spokesman said that Blacknall and Bowen have been suspended for the Rose Bowl. Unfortunate but next man up as they say.
Shore Lion

Postby psudelco » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:16 pm

Definitely Blacknall and Bowen, Koa was practicing in Bowens spot and would guess that Thompkins would get more playing time with Saeed out. Speculation was that it was academic/grades related
psudelco

Postby gmay10 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:39 am

I love watching Big 10 football in 60. I am currently watching PSU- Whisky Big 10 champ game. JF needs to make better decisions going for it on 4th down. Sweet God!

We have some damn good receivers who can go up for a ball and bring it in. Last, I want to see Trace keep the ball a little more during the Rose bowl. There were some times Trace gave it up and he would of had smooth sailing! I want to see Trace run the ball at least 10 times. This will open up the deep pass with we clearly rely on! One last thing- we got zero bounces in the champ game.

I cannot wait for Monday although I do not want to wish away a weekend!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

PreviousNext

Return to The Locker Room