It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:04 pm Advanced search

Rose Bowl in game thread

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Re: Rose Bowl in game thread

Postby psudelco » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Can't wait for next season to kick off. A few things I read have Godwin as a 4th rounder which if that's the grade he gets back from the NFL I'm not sure I would leave, Allen could benefit from another year to sharpen his coverage skills, he's a beast as a run stopper but with the way the NFL is now safeties need to cover, Sickels could probably benefit from another year but it will depend on what he hears from the NFL.
We are in good shape @ WR, OL, DB, probably less so @ LB and DL needs some young guys to be more consistent, a lot to be excited about and this without mentioning Saquon, Sanders, Robinson and McSorley
psudelco

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:42 pm

If he really grades out as a 4th rounder, then he's probably better off staying. But, a guy who was drafted 4th round to the NFL still makes a whole lot more than a college player, so who knows. This is like when Justin King left early. He got picked up in the 4th round and had a pretty short career (but had trouble staying healthy). I thought at the time he should have stayed but it's not my life and I don't pay his bills.

Whenever Goodwin decides to go, I hope he's a huge success. But, I do hope to see him playing on Saturdays next year.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby PennState03Chris » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:17 pm

Blue&White wrote:If he really grades out as a 4th rounder, then he's probably better off staying. But, a guy who was drafted 4th round to the NFL still makes a whole lot more than a college player, so who knows. This is like when Justin King left early. He got picked up in the 4th round and had a pretty short career (but had trouble staying healthy). I thought at the time he should have stayed but it's not my life and I don't pay his bills.

Whenever Goodwin decides to go, I hope he's a huge success. But, I do hope to see him playing on Saturdays next year.

I think the question is really whether Godwin can better his position. I think he's much closer to maxing out than Marcus Allen, although I still personally think he's extremely overrated.
PennState03Chris

Postby SouthernLion » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Left wondering if B&W's true identity is Matt Millen, who called Godwin "Goodwin" for an entire telecast this year. I'm fairly certain BW would have been a better Detroit Lions GM however.
SouthernLion

Postby gmay10 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:53 pm

I hope Marcus Allen stays. That dude is exactly the type of players I love at Penn State. He reminds me of Ronnie Lott or Troy Paluamauluauuauanmmamama. He misses a few tackles at times because he over pursues, but he also make a lot of spectacular plays that make up for the mistakes. I hope he stays as he is y favorite player. Maybe the Eagles will draft him!!!! A man can dream!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Godwin declared he's leaving and going pro. Going to miss that kid and hope he has a great NFL career.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:12 am

Good luck to the kid! I wish him the best and wouldn't mind seeing him in an Eagle's uniform
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby psudelco » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:03 pm

Marcus Allen is returning for his senior year, bodes well for the defense
psudelco

Previous

Return to The Locker Room