It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:26 pm Advanced search

Post Mortem: 2016

Discuss everything about Penn State and college football here.

Re: Post Mortem: 2016

Postby reincarnatedlama » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:17 pm

I think Godwin and Sickells should return. I think most of us expect the offense could be just as or even more explosive than last year given it was a new systems with a new QB this year and it progressed throughout the year. Godwin could put up numbers that push him onto the 1-2 round and that will more than compensate for the money he forgoes this year if he lands 4-5 round. H certainly a talented receiver but I don't know if I would say he is as good as ARob was when he entered draft.
Given a similar comparison I don't think Sickells compares favorably to Zettel, Johnson or Nassib. Granted they all went pro but only Johnson saw significant playing time. If he stays a year he can up his draft spot and be more physically ready for next level.
I think they both get drafted but another year I think puts them in a better position to stick and see playing time early on in NFL.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:32 pm

I think Godwin and Sickells should return.

Me too, but they are gone. I can't blame them for going for the money, either. And, after the Rose Bowl, I'm not sure what else Godwin can do to up his draft status. He has a fantastic game on a national stage. That's about as much hype as he can get. Hopefully he has a good combine and doesn't end up in some wasteland like the Jets or Cleveland.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby SouthernLion » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:17 pm

The final AP poll has us 7th and OSU 6th. We beat OSU. On the biggest final stages they scored 0 pts against the #1 team and we scored 49 against the #3 team.

Makes sense to me.

:roll:
SouthernLion

Postby shane » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:22 pm

And the Coaches poll is out, same result. I know if you're not ranked #1 it really doesn't matter, but the results are a little ridiculous.
shane

Postby gmay10 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:50 pm

Gotta say that it is BS that OSU is above us in the poll while USC is tanked 3. We should have beaten USC so we should be at least 4th. If this is me next year at the shoe, I am putting this final ranking on the bulletin board all week. OSU continues to get respect while PSU gets zero!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby reincarnatedlama » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Yeah the "we should have beaten USC" logic really doesn't hold water because - we didn't beat them and OSU could simply use the logic "we should have beaten PSU". Every team can play the "should of" game.

It ain't what you should have done - it's what you did.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:51 pm

Puzzled that Washington maintained #4 spot? They lost by 3 scores and were not in the game after scoring first, then a buckeye silence too. Why the love there?

I think most know the buckeyes pass the eye test and are given the birthright they richly deserve in the top 10 every preseason. That places them in a position to have to be beaten twice to remove them from the NC race. AND, if ever a two loss team would be chosen it would be them, they pass the eye test, right Herbie?

USC is going to be a very tough team down the road. If we would meet up again in the NC game it could be epic. Imagine the hype and Rose Bowl highlights day and night.
Carl Spackler

Postby gmay10 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:21 pm

My point was that USC barely beat us- we can debate why it happened. MU and OSU did not move at all once they played each other because the game was so close. OSU did not even show up to play a game yet they are ranked ahead of us. I am not losing any sleep over this but this is BS
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Previous

Return to The Locker Room