It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:21 am Advanced search

2012-2013 Recruiting

Discussion about the future of Penn State.

Re: 2012-2013 Recruiting

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:28 pm

You are correct in that it was reported that way and many lazy media types continue to repeat that today as do many PSU fans thus the urban legend status. It doesn't really matter that much other than it is false. He wasn't paid proportionally even at the wage he received but my memory (like yours here) seems to bring back that Joe lobbied to raise the asst. coaches wages instead of his particularly later on in his career. No one will argue that he was over paid for his position and the money he brought back to the school.
Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914): "An election is nothing more than the advanced auction of stolen goods."
Carl Spackler

Postby Blue&White » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:59 pm

I honestly did not realize, and don't think I ever picked up on, the $500k was a max pension number and not his total salary paid by PSU. I thought it was $500k plus whatever he got from the Nike deal.

Interesting.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby pennst92 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:09 am

Back to the end of the world as we know it stream of consciousness.

Now it takes until August to collect our taxes before we see cent 1. So...I ask you this. As the rest of us get faster (ostensibly more efficient), why does the government get slower and bigger (and richer and fatter) in a down economy.

Yes, you're right. The visigoths, vandals and mongols are all at the door.

:p
A good team has to have players capable of making plays...oh, wait - we're so there!
pennst92

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:34 pm

You typed mongols and I read Mondale on the first pass.......wow......Mondale at the door? Probably asking for money.

In the recruiting thread we end up on visgoths, vandals and mongols and Mondale along with taxes and the PA state pension logistics of remuneration maximum rate of credit per employe.

B&W, apparently most don't pick up on it. The media certainly didn't with a few exceptions. That is why I always question anything I hear or read as the whole PSU fiasco was ill reported and I know of other subjects that are in the same category. I fear that the subjects where I have little to no knowledge I too may be led astray by a media with an agenda or a media that is just lazily repeating the mantra already reported. There is so much misinformation it boggles the mind. I heard a radio host pose a question with a set list of criteria, most of which I know is patently false and then invited his listeners to chime in after their minds, already leaning his way were prejudiced into fully climbing on board with his misinformation on the discussion subject. I heard on caller correctly note one of the subjects but he did not major on is and it was glossed over. The inquiring mind is nearly nonexistent anymore and I'm sure never was frankly. "if ignorance is bliss tis folly to be wise" Bill Shakespeare

I heard we were rated 24th in recruiting. Given that we are restricted to 15 recruits and everyone else can recruit 25 and then we have the sanctions and the bad press hanging around our necks the job this staff accomplished is nothing short of phenomenal. They certainly deserve a hearty round of Hip, Hip Hooray's across the board!
Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914): "An election is nothing more than the advanced auction of stolen goods."
Carl Spackler

Postby pennst92 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:59 pm

24th by espn, 26th by 24/7, mid 40's scout and rivals. fwiw.
A good team has to have players capable of making plays...oh, wait - we're so there!
pennst92

Previous

Return to Recruiting