It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:51 am Advanced search

Class of 2017 Recruiting

Discussion about the future of Penn State.

Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

Postby underlion » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:35 pm

#1 classes matter when you get them year after year. Ask Saban or Pete Carol. It is also hard to get top 5 classes if academics matter. Look at ND, Stanford, GTECH, PSU. It would be nice to be top 10 but as some noted qty counts in that ranking. Joe had top 10 classes at times so I expect Franklin should. That Big 10 East was 2, 5, and 15? Tough division. If PSU recruits keep playing with the attitude of the prior 5 years they will be very competitive on the field.
underlion

Postby shane » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:59 am

Sorry Carl, hope I didn't come off snarky. Bolds was an academic concern thru most of his recruitment. I'm assuming that has been corrected, or we wouldn't have taken him. I also think they were holding the scholly for Mark Webb and when he decided to stay with Georgia, the offer was made to Bolds at the last second. It was a player the staff has liked, just were worried about his academics. Also plays for Paramus Catholic in NJ, a power school that would be great to build a good relationship with.
shane

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:25 pm

shane, not at all. You commented on what I had posted. I made the mistake of the name confusion.

What you say makes sense when the Webb recruitment is considered, a point I was not thinking of when I posted. Bolds appeared to be a real catch when actually, while a catch, he might have been a contingency recruit who was fortunate that another stayed away. Your info on the school is a good point too. Can't have too much relationship building when people buy from people. All good points and it is obvious you have a far keener insight into recruiting than I do.
Carl Spackler

Previous

Return to Recruiting