It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:51 pm Advanced search

Off Season Fun

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Off Season Fun

Postby SouthernLion » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm

PittGradPSUMad wrote:What in bloody hell is wrong with ketchup on the dog? Ole buddy JP looks at me like I violated his mother when I slather heinz 47 on my dog. I thought it was a sammich.

Ketchup on a hotdog is >how I do put this delicately?< for...ruffians. And not the horse, either.

I believe it was Marie herself who said 'Let them eat ketchup'?
SouthernLion

Postby psu_dad » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:18 pm

reincarnatedlama wrote:gmay is correct - if we examine the grammatical meaning of the word sandwich and examine it's culinary history we can understand the criteria better and also understand the various inappropriate uses of the term.

The word sandwich implicitly infers a "between" contents - the term sandwich is commonly used in non food applications to mean something layered or stuck between opposing outside layers - not simply slotted into an opening of a singular containment system. Also note these outside layers of the sandwich provide a required structural integrity to the entity necessary for overall function in addition to providing a flavor component. Can you eat a hot dog without a bun - of course - can you eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without bread - good luck. Does a sandwich cookie contain two wafers surrounding the tasty middle or one with a canyon carved in it? Cheese and pepperoni on a ritz cracker is an houre duerve (forgive the spelling) - slap another ritz on top and it is a sandwich cracker. If a simple slotted containment system were adequate to deem something a sandwich then a taco is a sandwich. I suppose next we will be calling reality show boobs viable presidential candidates!
Things got off track and somewhat loose when the generally illiterate knuckle draggers from Philly coined the term steak sandwich - clearly this was an improper use of the word sandwich and this food offering belongs more appropriately in the submarine or hoagie family.

But then again I can count the number of hot dogs I've eaten in the last five years on one hand and they were all plain - so you might not want to listen to me.

Very impressive dissertation , Dr. llama. Since you speak to something with which you have admittedly little to no experience, you are thus qualified be presidenter of the United States. I feel certain that you would do a much better job than the current emmert-head in chief.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby reincarnatedlama » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:23 pm

I like the hot dogs at Beaver Stadium - otherwise I will only eat a hot dog under the conditions of extreme hunger or extreme intoxication. It's sort of like hooking up with a fat chick.

Mustard is just one of a list of food/drink items I simply do not like that about 90% of the population obsess over - to include mayo, coffee, wine and wings. I'm sure that speaks volumes to some people about my state of mind and being.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:24 pm

psu_dad wrote:Here you go.

Right, like I'm gonna take advice from a guy who converses with an empty chair. Next thing you know, you'll be telling me that any knuckle-brained, narcissistic, orange-haired, blowhard reality TV star can become president. Yeeeeeah, like someone will believe that one.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:29 pm

... to include mayo, coffee, wine and wings.

I'm not allowed to eat mayo either ( "It's a jar of fat" -- My son the Health Nazi). I wouldn't last 3 days without coffee.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:31 pm

reincarnatedlama wrote:I like the hot dogs at Beaver Stadium - otherwise I will only eat a hot dog under the conditions of extreme hunger or extreme intoxication. It's sort of like hooking up with a fat chick.

Mustard is just one of a list of food/drink items I simply do not like that about 90% of the population obsess over - to include mayo, coffee, wine and wings. I'm sure that speaks volumes to some people about my state of mind and being.

Yes, it does. You are obviously un-american. I feel certain that you meant to include mom, baseball, apple pie and Chevrolet on your list but got busy researching great moments in sandwich making.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby reincarnatedlama » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:35 pm

Sorry to double post but Mad - I did eat a lot of hot dogs as a kid and just sort of grew out of it (along with finding out what went into hot dogs). And I work in research - so analyzing and categorizing things is "that which I do". Except around significant others - they hate when you analyze everything.

And for the record:

Does being an Oriole fan count liking baseball or being masochistic?
I like fresh apple pie preferably with ice cream
I had a 2001 Chevy Blazer and it was a total piece of crap - worst vehicle I've ever owned. My Ford Mustang convertible was bullet proof - until some Trump in a Chevy hit me.
reincarnatedlama

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:46 pm

I feel your pain. When I was a youngster, I ate a hot dog for dinner, then went to Jim's Jumpin' Gym where you paid fifty cents to jump on a trampoline for a half hour. After about ten minutes or so in, my stomach started to make funny noises, and when the cramps kicked in, I realized in horror that this outdoor facility had no restrooms. Yeah, you guessed it...I emmert my pants bigly.....miles away from home with no means of transportation other than my now emmert-splattered legs. It was decades before I could convince myself to eat a hot dog.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby reincarnatedlama » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:57 pm

My mother for some reason was convinced eating pork and sauerkraut on New Year's was good luck - so I would be forced to eat a hot dog with sauerkraut on it - and I would gag. It mercifully came to end when I finally puked all over the kitchen table one year. Problem solved. May have contributed to my hot dog aversion.
reincarnatedlama

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All