It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:47 pm Advanced search

2017 NFL Season

Talk about everything and anything.

2017 NFL Season

Postby Blue&White » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:18 pm

Given that it's already the draft, I figure it's time for next seasons thread.

So ... the Bears. WTF? Are they feeling jealous of all the Browns?
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Re: 2017 NFL Season

Postby psu_dad » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Who did the Patriots pick?

Oh, wait. Never mind.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Nat@PSU » Mon May 01, 2017 8:44 am

Paraphrasing a picture I saw online:

NFL Draft :
1. Browns: 100% guaranteed bust.
2. 49ers: A convicted felon.
3. Chicago: Sell the farm for . . . Trubitsky?
4. Jaguars: Our condolences
5. Titans: Who?
6. Jets: Another team's future 3rd string QB
7. Chargers: Some Hawaiian guy.
8. Panthers: Some white guy.
9. Bengals: The cellmate of the 49ers pick.
10. Bills: RIP to your career.
. . . .
28. Cowboys: Have fun losing in the first round of the NFL playoffs.
. . . .
72. Patriots: Some random Walmart cashier, future Super Bowl MVP.
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this clown.
:May the reign of our Dear Leader be short and inconsequential, much like his fingers."
Nat@PSU

Location: The Dystopia that used to be known as the United States of America

Postby psu_dad » Mon May 01, 2017 9:09 am

In my next life, I'm going to be a sports writer. Pretty sweet gig. It's one of the few occupations (like being a political analyst) where you can have no more insight than the average shmoe and still market yourself as an "expert".
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby reincarnatedlama » Mon May 01, 2017 9:28 am

The Bears moving up 1 spot was a real head scratcher - I'd say Chiefs reached also - how many of these B12 sandlot scheme QBs with overblown stats have to bust before teams stop picking them in the upper tier of draft?

Was hoping Godwin would go to Steelers or fall to Eagles in Round 3 so I would get to see him play but I think he landed in a good situation.

Philly got a lot of love on the event. I think Vegas would be an awesome sight for future draft.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Blue&White » Mon May 01, 2017 9:44 am

I read the Bears could have traded down a few spots and still landed that kid.

As for Goodwin, one thing I read was it was a bad spot for him because they didn't need a WR. I don't follow Tampa Bay enough to know if that makes sense or not, but hopefully he gets a real shot and makes good.

Philly apparently set records on draft attendance. I suspect that had something to do with the size of the venue, but the craziness of Philly fans is certainly a factor.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Shore Lion » Mon May 01, 2017 11:35 am

It's hard for me to imagine giving up a weekend to watch on TV, let alone attend the NFL draft. Obviously people get into it but geez, I don't understand it at all.
Shore Lion

Postby Blue&White » Mon May 01, 2017 11:41 am

I used to watch it on TV if I were home. I just out grew it. And, it didn't use to run for 3 days.

Now I look periodically to see who the Giants got and to see who from PSU was drafted. Beyond that, I don't care. I'm less interested in the NFL every year. Baseball always holds my attention, but football not so much. I follow the Giants and that's really it. I'm not even sure why.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby reincarnatedlama » Mon May 01, 2017 11:44 am

I imagine you were sober Thursday, don't own a closet full of $125 authentic game jerseys of guys who played on team for two years and unless you are playing catcher on your local softball team you wear a baseball cap forward.

It's OK for an occasional check in flipping channels and just watching the bottom ticker once every 30-40 minutes or if you're on a treadmill in a gym - but to set aside an evening? Especially not now that they dragged it out to a three day process.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby psudelco » Tue May 02, 2017 3:36 pm

I went down Thurs afternoon, walked around for a while had a few beers checked out a few of the exhibits some of it was cool some was geared more towards kids and there were plenty of those. I think great weather having it on the Parkway and Art Museum, the Eagles having a 1st round pick all played a part in making it successful.
psudelco

Next

Return to Free for All