It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:47 pm Advanced search

Terrorism

Talk about everything and anything.

Terrorism

Postby gmay10 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:18 pm

I think this needs to be a thread of its own. It is political, cultural, and religion all packed into one- it's like the speed ball of drugs.

Terrorism is terrorism but this attack was pretty much aimed at the youth- teens and tweenies. The problem is that it is pretty hard to stop these crazies. People make comments about security all the time, but you can't have the police patting people down in the streets. If you go to any NFL game, there is a time when you are walking up to the stadium with your ticket in hand and you have to stand in line with about 500 other people trying to get into the stadium. Are we going to have police stopping people before they get to that ticketed area?

I just heard Dump call the terrorists losers, but i don't really think he understand how words work. Calling them losers will only give the terrorists more ammo in the recruiting process.
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Re: Terrorism

Postby LioninVa » Thu May 25, 2017 7:43 am

I wonder what the difference really is and why, after hounding Obama and Clinton for not using the term 'radical Islamic terrorist' he has changed his terminology.
LioninVa

Postby Blue&White » Thu May 25, 2017 8:33 am

I don't wonder why at all. It's because he's won and now he actually has to do stuff. It's the same reason he's reversed just about every position he ran on. Why would he declare China a currency manipulator? Why would he break the NATO alliance? What President would do these things? And yet, that's what he said he was going to do over and over. He's a con man.

The most amazing thing to me is people who defend him and say "he's doing exactly what he said he would do". Except that he isn't. He's the complete opposite on probably 90% of the issues.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Thu May 25, 2017 9:40 am

Apparently the Brits are PO'd that details of the recent bombing have been leaked by US intelligence agencies and have been appearing in the American media. They say it hampers their investigations and they want these intelligence leaks to stop. The British PM said she's going to speak to Trump about it.

Note to British PM: Wake up and smell the coffee. If Trump could get the American intelligence agencies to STFU, he wouldn't be in so much hot water.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Thu May 25, 2017 9:49 am

In addition to being generally pissed, I saw they are really angry at some of the pictures that were in the New York Times of the bomb site.

The first report on this yesterday said the information came from the White House itself, but now it's not clear if that is where it came from. If this was the US intelligence services and not some nimrod White House official, I'm a bit surprised. To this point, the leaks from the Intelligence Services have been about sandbagging Trump and probably because they don't like him or the direction he is taking foreign policy, specifically Russian policy. But this is different. This potentially impacts an investigation into an attack that killed and hurt a bunch of people. It's seriously messed up that someone would compromise an investigation like that.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:24 pm

I wonder if they find the person who is leaking this information can they charge the person with a crime? There has to be some crime about leaking important US security information that would make it a crime.

This president is losing his entire staff and I hope that American lives do not pay the ultimate price for this circus. I am afraid that people in the government forget that they are dealing with actual lives and not just a statistic. These people are fathers, mothers, sisters, and brothers...
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon May 29, 2017 12:53 pm

Well said, this is real, not politics. Even if it were politics it impacts us all and the insiders need to stop the character assassination leaks of false information. It seems that any speculation will be immediately printed or broadcast as fact. By the time we discover there is no factual basis to it there are a dozen more speculations down the road.
Carl Spackler

Postby Blue&White » Mon May 29, 2017 6:54 pm

What false information has been leaked? I can't think of any leak that hasn't been ultimately at least partly validated.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Mon May 29, 2017 8:24 pm

I haven't documented all the leaks. It's like counting all the stars in the sky. But a few weeks ago, the WaPo reported that "knowledgeable sources" told them FBI Director James Comey had requested additional resources from the Justice Department for the FBI investigation into connections between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. This supported the WaPo narrative that Trump fired Comey to thwart the investigation.

Within the the next day or two, acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe testified (under oath) that the investigation was not under funded or under staffed and that he was unaware of any request by the FBI for additional resources.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Mon May 29, 2017 10:20 pm

I saw the original report but didn't recall McCabe's testimony. Still, that's a relatively small discrepancy. Generally speaking, the leaks have been reasonably accurate. It's not been a bombardment of false stories. And, the more embarrassing ones have proven out.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Next

Return to Free for All