It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:45 am Advanced search

Terrorism

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Terrorism

Postby LioninVa » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:00 am

I have a problem with people on either side of the aisle blaming everyone on the other side for the acts of a few individuals. Sadly, it happens all too frequently these days.

This comment should probably go in the straight up 'Politics" thread, but I am bothered that the president did not fire off a tweet about the 7 Sailors confirmed dead yesterday when the USS Fitzgerald was hit by the freighter. He tweeted that they were missing Saturday, then nothing when they were confirmed dead in a berthing compartment. I mean, he has time to comment on polls and media, you would think that he would take a minute as Commander In Chief to express sadness or something... Maybe he is waiting to call their families first? I think GWB used to do that, but I could be wrong.
LioninVa

Postby reincarnatedlama » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:23 am

LioninVA - in DT, you have to temper your expectations - it's a win when he doesn't say something inappropriate - if he actually says something laudable that's rare and near a miracle. Like an Oriole starter making it into the 7th inning.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:11 am

I think it's a bit ridiculous to expect the POTUS - whomever is sitting in the office - to respond to everything that happens. The complaints about what was and was not commented on are pretty spurious in my opinion.

That said, when you have a guy who comments on every perceived slight to him, personally, it become a whole lot tougher to make that argument. If he has time to comment on how he compared to Obama in polls at the exact same point in his presidency, he has time to comment on 7 sailors killed while serving. That's the problem with Trump and his tweets. it's not just that they are mostly inappropriate. It's his hyper-focus on him only and the exclusion of everything else. It really highlights his narcissism. I can't believe his staff doesn't highlight that to him.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby reincarnatedlama » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:25 am

He strikes me as the type of boss who both lacks in the ability to engage in honest self reflection and does not take personal criticism with an open mind. If he were my boss and I wanted to remain employed I would not be auditioning for a spot on Chappelle's "When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong" by telling DT he acts like a toddler on twitter.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:34 am

That's probably all true, but at some point he's going to destroy his presidency, assuming he hasn't already. He has basically tweeted his way into an obstruction of justice investigation. If he just stopped having public tantrums, he would be so much better off an could possibly, maybe actually get something done.

Actually, given what I just said, I hope he continues tweeting. I hope he picks up the pace. The worst case scenario, near as I can tell, is him being able to actually focusing on his agenda.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Previous

Return to Free for All