It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:18 am Advanced search

The Other Sports Collective Thread

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: The Other Sports Collective Thread

Postby gmay10 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:28 pm

I know you guys care and you should because this is Merica!!! This kid is the future of our program. He does things with a soccer ball that I have never seen another American do. IMO, he will be way better than Landon Donovan!
For your reading pleasure: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soc ... lar-paths/
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby psu_dad » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:04 pm

How is he at flopping? That's very important.
For your viewing pleasure.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby gmay10 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:31 pm

it is the bitter sweet part of the game. Best part about soccer is that you get 45-50 minutes of uninterrupted sports. You get 15 minutes to hang out with friends or make multiple drinks and then 45 more minutes of uninterrupted activity. November 11 is a huge game against Mexico. The hexagon begins!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby gmay10 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:48 pm

I know most of you don't watch the NBA but Russell Westbrook is putting together one of the greatest seasons in NBA history. He is currently averaging a triple double. Oscar Robertson is the only other player to do this in the NBA. BTW, that was the 1961-62 season. As most of you know the game was a lot different in the 60's compared to now. If he keeps this up for the season this will be the greatest season ever by a professional player IMO!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby gmay10 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:22 am

Russel Westbrook is still averaging a triple double. The Sixers are starting to get their act together. Embiid is a beast and Ben Simmons hasn't even played yet. This team is going to be fun to watch if they can stay healthy and keep the core pieces together. Saric and Noel are playing great too. Okafor needs to go. I will give him away at this point!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby gmay10 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:40 am

Bumping this thread because you should care. R. Westbrook is still averaging a triple double in the NBA. Last player to average a triple double in 61-62.

I hate the Sixers front office! I don't buy that Simmons can't play. They just want him to sit him so they can tank and get a top 5 pick for the millionth year in a row. My patience is wicked thin. With that being said, they are truly setting themselves up for a great future. I just want things now! Sixers have some crazy 1st round picks coming up in the next 2 years. They might get the Lakers pick this year (But the lakers seem to be tanking). And they will have the Kings 1st round pick coming up with a lot of stipulations.
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby gmay10 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:03 pm

My favorite 4 days of sports are starting up!!! I told my class if they do everything they need to do during the day we will have live updates:) CBS does a fantastic job streaming every game. We just saw the end of the ND/Princeton game- how I hate ND!!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:36 pm

Glad you agree about the best days of TV sports. eSpin is showing the NCAA wrestling championships today through the finals Sat. evening. PSU has a handicap of having only 8 wrestlers at the event. Nick Suriano, 125#'s scratched after the turned ankle suffered at the NCAA dual's against Okie State a month ago meaning we are down a vital point scoring machine.

Zain Retherford won his 60th consecutive match with a Tech Fall this afternoon. Bo Nickal and several others scored Tech Falls as well trying to make up for the missing wrestlers point total. At 197 #'s Matt McCutchen scored an unexpected pin adding to PSU's opening day leading 16 points. Okie State's 10 wrestlers dropped to 9 with a loss and tOSU's 10 dropped as well with losses but they also scored bonus points to nip at PSU's heels.

It will take a minor miracle for our boys to win the championship with the reduced team number but they are wrestling like they are on fire today.

Stay tuned. By Sat. evening we will know the outcome.
Carl Spackler

Postby Blue&White » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:48 pm

My neighbor's son was wrestling in the tournament. He lost in the first round. Other than PSU that was my rooting interest. Oh well. He's a senior so that was his last chance.

I'll bring his dad a consolation beer over the weekend.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Beer never fails a B&W post. Something is always brewing!
Carl Spackler

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All