It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:08 pm Advanced search

The Other Sports Collective Thread

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: The Other Sports Collective Thread

Postby gmay10 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:24 pm

Nova lost and my bracket is busted because I am a homer as you all know. Last year's team had Ochefu who protected the rim and the house. This year they had no one to do that which is why they lost. Great year and we'll get them next year. You all know that is my mantra as a Philly fan!!!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby gmay10 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:04 am

US men's national team kicks Honduras ass tonight. This is where I get lost with US soccer. It was a friday night and this game was played at 11PM Eastern time. US soccer gained zero fans tonight because the only people who watched it on the east coast were people who care. The game was in California so it was a home game. BTW- Pulisic is the future of America. Greatest player I have ever seen wear the read, white, and blue! He is going to change how Americans look at soccer!

Side note- once the game was over I tuned into the Wisky-Florida basketball game. Terrible defense by Wisky on the last shot. Simple concept- only a 3 beats you so do not give up an open 3!! They gave up an open 3 and were in complete disarray on the play!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby gmay10 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:33 pm

US Men's soccer tied Panama last night in World Cup Qualifying 1-1. Again, Pulisic, the greatest 18 year old this country has ever seen, set up a goal to Clint Dempsey. This kid is going to be the future of the program for the next 15 years!! Great tie on the road
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:41 pm

And a local, as in Hershey, kid, correct? God forbid, but it appears that U.S. soccer is poised to compete on the world stage.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby LioninVa » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:45 pm

I usually try to watch them when they play, but missed these two games. I was hoping they would get 6 points on this leg, but 4 is good considering our qualifications start. They are down for a month or so now if I recall correctly before going to the Copa America tournament and back to World Cup qualifying in September.
LioninVa

Previous

Return to Free for All