It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:07 pm Advanced search

Beer Thread

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Beer Thread

Postby Blue&White » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:07 pm

gmay10 wrote:Just got a case of Troeg's Nugget Nectar for the storm. I absolutely love this beer even if the nuggets don't always agree with my stomach

Just cracked on. Have about 10 kids running through my house and I'm just trying to chill after digging out for several hours. Cracked a Nugget Nectar and am really enjoying it.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun May 01, 2016 7:44 pm

So, not beer but wasn't sure where else to put it.

For those of you in SEPA, there is a local distillery called Hewn Spirits.

A friend of mine was given the Dark Hollow bourbon as a gift and I tried it there. I bought my own bottle on Friday and have been sipping on it since. I'm not a huge bourbon guy but this is one of the smoothest I've ever tried. It's turning me into a convert. My friend and I went to their location in Peddler's Village Friday after work as he needed a new bottle and I needed my first. We also both tried a flight (which is 3 half shots). I tried the vodka, the rye and the moonshine.

The Vodka was great. I'm going to buy a bottle of that at some point. The moonshine was good but I don't know how often I'd drink it so I didn't buy any. I didn't care for the rye. It had a pepper aftertaste I just didn't are for, and I really wanted to.

They also have a single malt whisky that they are out of that I want to try. I've become a scotch drinker and am keeping tabs on when they have a new batch.

Anyway for those in the area, I highly recommend you check this place out.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:31 pm

A colleague of mines gave me a bottle of Kentucky Bourban Barrel Ale and it is spectacular. I am slowly getting out of the IPA phase because it makes my stomach too screwed up. This is one of the best beers I have ever tasted. It is a little sweet and I think would be the perfect beer on a hot day in August or Labor Day weekend! It is over 8% so that always helps

On a sour note, I bought a bottle at a mix and match store of Sam Adam's 20 pounds of pumpkin beer and it was terrible. It tasted like they threw in liquid smoke. I was watching the PSU game so it was drinkable. This was easily the worst beer I ever tasted from Sam Adams
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:59 pm

On Wednesday I picked up a 6 of AleSmith Double Red IPA. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've never heard of AleSmith Brewery before but, based on this one experience, I'll be looking for them more often. There is a great beer shop by me that gets all kinds of stuff from outside the region and they are great for finding little nuggets like this. I'd check this one out if you can find it.

I also picked up a 6 of Troegs Mad Elf. Tis the season and all. Actually drinking one right now as I surf the interwebs. I don't think Troegs makes a bad beer.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:53 pm

I have a family member who works for Troegs and he gets a case of beer with every pay check. He just picked up his case of Mad Elf with last weeks pay! I enjoyed a few on Thanksgiving day:)
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby pennst92 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:21 am

Wait! We have a beer thread? Where the hell have I been? Beautiful!!!
A good team has to have players capable of making plays...oh, wait - we're so there!
pennst92

Postby pennst92 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:22 am

Wait a second - why wasn't I invited?
A good team has to have players capable of making plays...oh, wait - we're so there!
pennst92

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:10 pm

Okay, 92, you're invited. You bring the beer. I'm not picky, just no pumpkin beer.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Is this the greatest message board or what? We get to talk about great things like beer and baseball, We argue about politics with no ruffled feathers (except for Appoo who I miss). And our beloved Lions. Life is good.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby psudelco » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:14 pm

I cracked a Troegs Mad Elf from 2 yrs ago after the game on Sat nite it was delicious and powerful 11%
psudelco

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All