Seasons Greetings

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Seasons Greetings

Postby psudelco » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:04 pm

Merry Merry Happy Happy to all on here
psudelco

Postby psu_dad » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:36 pm

I trust everyone enjoyed their weekend festivities. Just got back from Philadelphia (AKA Miami Beach). I wasn't expecting 70+ degrees. Moderate traffic on the way home was a pleasant surprise, also.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby SouthernLion » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:24 pm

I spent the day at -4 degrees. But, it was over two miles high on the slopes of Winter Park and as hard as I have to work anymore to stay upright on skis it could have been minus a hundred and I would have stayed warm. On the way home traversing Berthoud Pass there was a broken down semi along the roadside with a guy lying on the ground underneath doing some welding. It must have been -10 or -12 on that pass. My conclusion is that there are some tough ^@$!^!(#_'ers out here.
SouthernLion

Postby Blue&White » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:13 pm

psu_dad wrote:I trust everyone enjoyed their weekend festivities. Just got back from Philadelphia (AKA Miami Beach). I wasn't expecting 70+ degrees. Moderate traffic on the way home was a pleasant surprise, also.

I assume you didn't take I95, aka "the Highway to Hell". We went to visit some friends outside Raleigh, NC. Left the morning of the 26th. Expected it to take ~7 hours. It took over 9. Trip back was a little better. Under 8 hours for a trip that should take under 7.

Weather is nuts, though. I was walking through Raleigh in shorts yesterday. It must have been over 80.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:13 pm

psu_dad wrote:I trust everyone enjoyed their weekend festivities. Just got back from Philadelphia (AKA Miami Beach). I wasn't expecting 70+ degrees. Moderate traffic on the way home was a pleasant surprise, also.

I assume you didn't take I95, aka "the Highway to Hell". We went to visit some friends outside Raleigh, NC. Left the morning of the 26th. Expected it to take ~7 hours. It took over 9. Trip back was a little better. Under 8 hours for a trip that should take under 7.

Weather is nuts, though. I was walking through Raleigh in shorts yesterday. It must have been over 80.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby LioninVa » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:21 pm

Since today is the last day of training where I now work before the holidays, I figured it was time to bring this thread back to the top.

First and foremost, I want to wish everyone here a Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas or whatever it is that you prefer. Hell, I will even throw out a Bah, Humbug if it make you smile for just one second!

It has been an up and down kind of year for me, not that I am complaining, and I am glad I got a job that gives me more computer access and that I checked back in here. Not a day goes by where I don't read a post that makes me chuckle if not laugh out loud and I seemingly always learn something new, even if it is useless.

I hope you all have a great holiday season and an even better year as we move forward!
LioninVa

Previous

Return to Free for All