It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:19 am Advanced search

The "Rape Culture"/Sexual Assault in America

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: The "Rape Culture"/Sexual Assault in America

Postby appoo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:49 pm

The only time enforcement comes into play is when an alleged victim chooses to not goto the police because she doesn't to make the issue public, and goes to the University instead. There are decades old laws in place that tell Universities how to deal with the issue, to include investigate the matter, punish the offender if their investigation turns up that he did assault the girl, and protect the girl to include things like switching up her schedule and other things like that.

That's not something the schools or White House can do anything about. They can't force a girl or boy to goto the police if they don't wish to, they can't force them to sacrifice their privacy with a public court case. And that's not what this about.
appoo

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:59 pm

appoo wrote:No one is asking college campuses to adjudicate rape cases. That's a huge straw man from Will.

Wake up and smell the coffee.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby appoo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:29 pm

psu_dad wrote:
appoo wrote:No one is asking college campuses to adjudicate rape cases. That's a huge straw man from Will.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

If you want to talk about Colleges become courts. Feel free. It has absolutely nothing to do with this subject. It's pure red herring. The entire report had a single paragrpah about investigation, and it was about actually following the laws in place. Your link doesn't change that.

The more people waste time talking about crap like Will wants us to talk about, the less time we talk about the base reasons and the rape culture. Presumably Will's goal, and everyone else who thinks like this.
appoo

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:43 pm

If you want to talk about Colleges become courts. Feel free. It has absolutely nothing to do with this subject.

That link was intended to dispute the quote that preceded it. Having done so, you then decided that something YOU commented on (erroneously) is a "red herring". This is like a Monte Python skit. :D

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:09 pm

In fairness, expecting that you would have a link handy is like expecting the Spanish Inquisition. And, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:29 pm

I think Southern had it right the other day. I should probably just stick to "Fine. Whatever you say". I'm not conversant in the "rape culture", to which we apparently are supposed to restrict our comments. Maybe I should start a thread on the "outlaw biker culture".

Mrs psu_dad: What do you know about that?
Me: I've seen Gangland.

psu_dad

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:16 pm

You could switch to the glutton culture, you have seen Michael Moore?

Most likely in Canada where he circumvents the actors union in the USA.

Of course in his case the main point could be that Canada has better buffet lay outs at breakfast, break snack, lunch, mid-afternoon snack, late-afternoon snack, dinner, desert, more desert, late evening buffet snack room service and the ever famous Canadian midnight snack served while you watch the Northern Lights. :P

After all, this is the man who thought the film Canadian Bacon was another buffet and signed up at check in.
Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914): "An election is nothing more than the advanced auction of stolen goods."
Carl Spackler

Postby RogerJackson » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:21 am

Hey over there! I don't understand why do you call it "the culture"? The acts of rape or sexual assault are being considered as an object of criminology - see more at http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/sexual-a ... riminology
RogerJackson

Postby SouthernLion » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:57 am

Re-reading this thread, I think this was appoo's final NF straw. I wish he'd come back...even though I disagreed with him on nearly everything. The one thing he was always spot-on was analysis of PSU football, which would have been fun to digest during this magical season. Oh well, there's always Luke 15 (The Prodigal Son)...
SouthernLion

Previous

Return to Free for All