It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:12 pm Advanced search

Politics

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Politics

Postby Nat@PSU » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:04 pm

We can hope that Orange faced Dear Leader tires of all the real work associated with the job. Can you imagine the outcry if Obama had been out at a rally early each week and golfing every weekend in his first few months? What a blithering idiot. I honestly hope he keels over and dies.
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this clown.
:May the reign of our Dear Leader be short and inconsequential, much like his fingers."
Nat@PSU

Location: The Dystopia that used to be known as the United States of America

Postby psu_dad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:25 am

Apparently Hillary has recovered from her emotional trauma. In a speech yesterday, she said she was “ready to come out of the woods”.

Sorta like Jason in Friday the 13th.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Nat@PSU » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:08 pm

Serious question: What will happen in the next election cycle when a large Trump voting block (white working class) realizes that the buffoon the elected has made almost every decision against their own interests (I.e. taxes, healthcare, etc).

God, I hate this administration with every fiber of my being.
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this clown.
:May the reign of our Dear Leader be short and inconsequential, much like his fingers."
Nat@PSU

Location: The Dystopia that used to be known as the United States of America

Postby psu_dad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:12 pm

You need to focus that intensity into your career. Politics isn't worth the expenditure of that much emotion.

There's a reason we went from 12 years of a Republican administration (Reagan/Bush) to 8 years of a Democrat administration (Clinton) to 8 years of a Republican administration (Bush Jr) to 8 years of a Democrat administration (Obama) and now we're back to Republican. It's because both parties Stink on Ice. And neither of them gives a rat's ass about you or anyone else they pretend to care about. Their primary raison d'être is power, getting it and/or keeping it. And they will pander to whatever constituencies they believe will provide them that.

What will happen in the next election cycle? We're not going to replace Trump with George Washington, that's for damn sure. We're probably going to replace him with another ass clown. But we'll survive. Fortunately, our system of governance is sound, even if the people at the controls are knuckleheads.

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Carl Spackler » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:18 pm

Yes Nat, dad is right. It isn't worth the emotion or wasted energy. I was a lot like you at one time but over the years I've become detached from the news and politics as each drives the other to ratings, not to truth. The nugget of truth found in political circles or even worse, the alleged news is so tiny as to not being worth the effort.

Since I ignore most of the "news" I find life much calmer and more pleasurable. I could rant and rave and even hate and it wouldn't make a bit of difference in any outcome or any race, subject, etc. So I'm gleaning news from various sources but not becoming overly concerned as every time I do my BP goes up and like the national deficit. Neither do me any good and my concern does nothing to change anything.

Most if not all of the theatrics is not worth any emotion at all. I believe many of our health issues are self inflicted and not form the sources so dearly parroted in the "news". Anger, hate, etc. all stress us to a very high degree and are not discussed as the problem in most cases. Stay cool my friend, you'll enjoy life more and likely live it a bit longer.
Carl Spackler

Postby gmay10 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:33 pm

There is a big difference between the Bushes/Reagan and the Clinton/Obama eras. They weren't blabbering idiots! I thought W just had a lower IQ compared to other presidents but I never loathed the guy or wished something terrible on him. This administration is beyond a bunch of asshats. They are throwing our allies under the bus with this whole wiretapping crap. Words have meaning and the predecessors of Trump understood this, but Trump seems to think he is untouchable and that is a huge concern. I don't buy this is just a cycle. It has been 2 months of chaos and we have 46 more months with this toolbag!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby psu_dad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:54 pm

They are throwing our allies under the bus with this whole wiretapping crap. Words have meaning and the predecessors of Trump understood this.

Right. They understood that. They didn't mess around with words about wiretapping. They actually did it.

But hey, the last POTUS gave his assurance that we don't do that any more. Honest. :lol:

psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:08 pm

At least Obama didn't tweet about it. I agree Trump sucks, and, while he's certainly a much bigger douche bag than Obama was/is, it remains to be seen if he actually sucks worse than Obama did.

I do think he's going to suck differently, though, which may be an important distinction. And, I also think Trump is going to suck for the people who supported and believed in him, which is kind of a shame because a lot of those people could use a break.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:34 pm

I have been talking to a bunch of republican friends who have no clue on the abortion laws in this country. This is one area where Clinton failed miserably in her campaign. 90 days is pretty much the law with extenuating circumstances up to 6 months.

And Dump hammered how much golf Obama played. Dump actually said he would not have time to play golf because he would be working. Here is the quote, "I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf." I really hate this dude and his pompous attitude.
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:07 am

You are assuming that Donald of Orange actually meant what he said when he said it. He speaks for effect, then forgets what he said the moment the words exit his piehole. Regarding the "Obama wiretapped me" episode, he personally accused Obama of McCarthyism and equated it to the criminal activities of the Nixon WH during the Watergate scandal. He said Obama was "sad, terrible, sick". Flash forward to the Merkel presser (where the bloated, orange-faced jackass embarassed himself and our country yet again, but that is another topic), and we hear fearless leader saying he was just repeating news he had heard about the alleged wiretap story, but he wasn't commenting on it. It is now being reported that the wiretap story reported on Fox by "a very talented legal mind" (according to fearless leader) was from a fake news story planted by the russians. Some of us might be able to maintain a 10,000 foot view of this unfolding disaster of a presidency as nothing much to worry about, but watching this jackass insult our allies, lie pathologically about...well...everything, and rely on extreme right wing media outlets and, yes, the National Enquirer, for information instead of intelligence officials who are at his beckon call....well, that's the type of insanity that keeps me up at night. How long before this petulant manchild triggers an internatonal crisis with his blind arrogance? He is truly unfit to lead the free world.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All