It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:31 pm Advanced search

Politics

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Politics

Postby Blue&White » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm not sure if the "defend the POTUS" comment was directed at me or dad, but I'm not defending him. I'm only saying attacks should be limited to things that are factual, not speculation. If this Russian stuff is factual, let's see some facts to support it. You can't just throw out BS without any evidence and say "well, let's have an investigation and see if it's true". That's ridiculous, and I feel that's what is going on with this Russian thing.

As for the world is flat, I saw Shaquille O'Neal apparently said that recently. The guy didn't become famous for his IQ and educational background. He became famous for being very big and playing basketball. There is no IQ requirement for that job. someone who has been on an airplane as often as he must have been should be very confident that the earth is round, but I guess not. My takeaway is that if he's serious, he's an idiot. There are plenty of idiots and they believe all kinds of nonsense and some of that is a lot more dangerous than the Earth being flat. I'm honestly more concerned, personally, with people who think it's only 6,000 years old.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby LioninVa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:30 pm

It wasn't directed at anyone in particular, and nobody here.

I heard about Shaq's comments, but I have read things on social media and elsewhere for a few weeks that go along this path, as well as the earth being a few thousand years old.
LioninVa

Postby Blue&White » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:37 pm

That there are idiots is not new or news and has little to do with politics. Unless you are proposing a test of basic knowledge before someone can vote. I'm all for that idea, but it ain't happening.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby LioninVa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:43 pm

I understand and agree, B-Dub. But just a year ago, I would have told you that this country is far too smart or mature to elect a sexist and narcissistic political neophyte to the highest office in the land as well. Maybe I was naïve at that point. Rest assured I am playing much closer attention now.
LioninVa

Postby psu_dad » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:00 pm

What will you do differently next time? You only get one vote.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby LioninVa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:16 pm

I already stated I will be paying closer attention. I can't say I will do anything differently regarding my vote, as I didn't vote for this assclown.

I understand you are thrilled that it was anyone but Hillary. I get that and even understand it to some extent. I was the same way about Trump as I do not believe him to honest or sincere. I had no idea he was this bad, however.
LioninVa

Postby psu_dad » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:31 pm

I already stated I will be paying closer attention.

I got that. I just didn't understand how it would matter. You could have devoted your life to this past election and followed it 24/7 and you'd still have Bozo the Clown as your POTUS.

We had two rotten candidates, arguably the worst choices in my life time. We were totally screwed when the primaries ended.

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Toasted shit sandwiches.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby Blue&White » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:51 pm

Apparently, per Comey's testimony today there is zero evidence that Obama ordered anything against Trump w/r/t wiretapping, surveillance, etc. but it is possible that Trump or his people were caught up in surveillance on the Russian hacking issue and not the target. The lead Republican at the hearing (name escapes me at the moment) made it a point to highlight that fact, but, personally, I think that makes things look worse for Trump. How is it better if he was caught up in the investigation of a crime.

And, it also came out that the FBI is investigating potential connections between the Trump campaign and the Russian.

So, overall, whatever Trump wa trying to do, I'd say that seriously backfired because now even more Americans will associate him with conspiring with the Russians (for which there is still no evidene) and looking like a dipshit on this "wiretap" issue.

I really don't get what he is trying to do. I'm back to "Andy Kaufman Tribute".
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:22 pm

And, it also came out that the FBI is investigating potential connections between the Trump campaign and the Russian.

What about me and that Russian market I like? Did that come up? There was an unmarked van parked just down the street from it the last time in was in the neighborhood, so I just kept driving.

psu_dad

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All