It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:35 pm Advanced search

Politics

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Politics

Postby Nat@PSU » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:33 pm

It's not a good look for HuffPo, but honestly, they are easily counterbalanced by Breitbart, InfoWars, etc. When they start a conspiracy crazy enough to send a stupid redneck to a pizza place to shoot it up thinking he is is breaking up an underground pedophile ring lead by the Democratic Nominee and her cronies . . . . well, let me know.

Because that actually happened because of Alex Jones and his ilk.

And for record, the part that says this:
“Some of the biggest blows to the progressive cause in the past year have often been due to the votes of white men,” the piece stated. “If white men were not allowed to vote, it is unlikely that the United Kingdom would be leaving the European Union, it is unlikely that Donald Trump would now be the President of the United States, and it is unlikely that the Democratic Alliance would now be governing four of South Africa’s biggest cities.”

Hoax and all, it's still not wrong.

I think political discourse in this country is going just swell.
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this clown.
:May the reign of our Dear Leader be short and inconsequential, much like his fingers."
Nat@PSU

Location: The Dystopia that used to be known as the United States of America

Postby psu_dad » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Hoax and all, it's still not wrong.

It's not a matter of being wrong, its a matter of it being insane. The notion that "progressive causes" are beyond and above debate and that those who oppose them should be denied the right to vote is nucking futs.

The author was purposely proposing something TOTALLY RIDICULOUS and that went completely over the head of the HuffPo staff.
---------------------

PS - And for the record, I would voluntarily give up my right to vote tomorrow in exchange for not being required to pay taxes.
Last edited by psu_dad on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Nat

Not sure if you saw it but Alex Jones ex-wife is trying to get full custody of their kids, claiming he's a raving loon and the kids are not safe with him
His lawyers responded saying he's playing a character and his ranting is all BS.

I'm sure that's great comfort to families of the murdered children, teachers and principal from Sandy Hook who have been harassed and threatened by Jones' followers the past few years. I hope that bastard rots somewhere.

Anyway, it is looking like the Republicans are likely to lose Tom Price's seat in Georgia to a Democrat. And, Fox is dumping O'Reilly. Seems 10 years of sexual harassment claims was the limit.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby gmay10 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:50 pm

You're alive Nat!
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Nat@PSU » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 am

psu_dad, I wasn't trying to offer validity to the entire piece, just the part that said if white men were disenfranchised we would not have Donald Trump as our president, Brexit, etc. . . .

Alex Jones is playing the character of a soulless buffoon spewing nonsense for the downtrodden and conspiracy minded to run with. Oh wait, that's the President.
:May the reign of our Dear Leader be short and inconsequential, much like his fingers."
Nat@PSU

Postby reincarnatedlama » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:05 am

I won't contradict that being a fair characterization of DT but just say it's sad that even given that characterization he was still a better option than Hillary and still may end up being an improvement over the unethical ideologue who just left office.

And just to note - DT actually got more of the minority vote than previous R POTUS candidates and maybe - just maybe - his popularity with working class white males was because they felt disenfranchised.
Making America Great Again
reincarnatedlama

Postby Nat@PSU » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:32 am

reincarnatedlama wrote:I won't contradict that being a fair characterization of DT but just say it's sad that even given that characterization he was still a better option than Hillary and still may end up being an improvement over the unethical ideologue who just left office.

And just to note - DT actually got more of the minority vote than previous R POTUS candidates and maybe - just maybe - his popularity with working class white males was because they felt disenfranchised.

A couple points:

1. We are clearly never going to find any common ground in the who is more harmful Trump/Clinton concept, no point in beating a dead horse.

2. Just a pet peeve, but I hate the phrase working class. It carries the same disparaging implication that jobs other than those included in "working class" are somehow less than. Ironically, it provides the same type of disdain that advocates of the working class claim to suffer from "liberal elites."

3. Through much of what I've read/learned/experienced through the aftermath of Trump's victory I feel like I would say his popularity was built as much on anger as disenfranchisement and we have too often mistakenly conflated the two. Is some of that anger valid? Absolutely. People's lives are tough and they feel as though they've not been represented. Is some of that anger rooted in fear/hatred for the other and a misplaced nostalgia of the "good ol' days"? Abso-freaking-lutely.

Ultimately this orange faced buffoon will be judged in the long term for what he has done. So far, not much good. If you wanted to break the system so be it, but I'm still waiting for this "Make America Great Again" to bear any fruit.
Nat@PSU

Postby psu_dad » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:39 am

You're under-estimating how much of his popularity was based on the fact that he was the only alternative to Hillary Freaking Clinton.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby LioninVa » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:46 am

Probably a true statement, _dad. Many also seem to forget that he lost the popular vote by 3 million votes, or don't really care. Not that I am one of those 'not my president' guys, but this should be a consideration with regards to where we stand as a nation and it simply is not.
LioninVa

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:47 am

That's not popularity, it's desperation.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All